• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    maybe, but to get them there the fastest goes something like:

hello 911

A man broke into my house, I was in fear for my life, and was forced to defend myself, I shot him, I think he is dead

OK, police are on the way, are you sure he is dead?

BANG< BANG< BANG

yup, I'm sure
    :D
    :lol2::lol: That's the way to do it!!!!! :lol::lol2:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I guess that's where common sense takes precedence over blindly doing what you're told (see also Doctrine of competing harms).

Trouble is that most of what was reported about that infamous 911 call was wrong or taken out of context (as's sadly typical of the media). Had Zimmerman been able to dial 911 and leave his phone beside him on the ground as the attack by Martin ensued, I think the outcome would've been much different (favouring Zimmerman). Ayoob's written about this and Whittle's also offered some of his cogent musings on the subject:

Excellent post. Several details in that superb video that I did not know, thanks. I think this video deserves a spot in the Whittle tribute thread.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    maybe, but to get them there the fastest goes something like:

hello 911

A man broke into my house, I was in fear for my life, and was forced to defend myself, I shot him, I think he is dead

OK, police are on the way, are you sure he is dead?

BANG< BANG< BANG

yup, I'm sure
    :D

Yes, that is a funny joke... Ha ha...

Truth is that if the person stays on the line... Information can be transferred through to the Officers who need it as they respond. Hanging up leaves them coming in basically blind to what is transpiring post initial report.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Truth is that if the person stays on the line... Information can be transferred through to the Officers who need it as they respond. Hanging up leaves them coming in basically blind to what is transpiring post initial report.

Yeah, that too!

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Have never attended a home defense course and likely never will, but I firmly believe that it's critical to get the perp ducking for cover immediately so that he is not able to initiate or return fire.

I live in a cinder block/brick home and am not concerned one bit about penetration of walls. Know where the family members are and let em rip.

I prefer a Colt King Cobra .357 six shot as my go to gun, have a Weatherby Grim Reaper 18.5" in 12 gauge with 00 shot available, keep an accurate, zeroed Quality Hardware M1 Carbine ready and can switch to a M1 Garand if the SOB is trying to unass over the rear fence.

I would not rely on any semiauto as my primary home defense piece.

Lew--Ranger63

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Yes, that is a funny joke... Ha ha...

Yeah, that too!

First time I ever recall, agreeing with you both in the same thread.

Have never attended a home defense course and likely never will, but I firmly believe that it's critical to get the perp ducking for cover immediately so that he is not able to initiate or return fire.

I live in a cinder block/brick home and am not concerned one bit about penetration of walls. Know where the family members are and let em rip.

I prefer a Colt King Cobra .357 six shot as my go to gun, have a Weatherby Grim Reaper 18.5" in 12 gauge with 00 shot available, keep an accurate, zeroed Quality Hardware M1 Carbine ready and can switch to a M1 Garand if the SOB is trying to unass over the rear fence.

I would not rely on any semiauto as my primary home defense piece.

Lew--Ranger63

Yes sir. I completely understand where you are coming from. Sounds like you have the right firearms, and determination to use them if absolutely forced to defend your life or your family members / guests, etc. If I could give you any advice I would suggest that you spend a few hours with me or any of the highly competent 'home defense' friend - instructors.

If you are serious.

Let's discuss, think about, and rehearse the top 10 or so most likely scenarios that you could encounter while at home. I've done this many times with folks like you, and ultimately we end up using air-soft (very safe, 6mm plastic bb's) to simulate and explore these plausible situations.

Andrew Branca is my reference. Feel free to name your experts.

Andrew Branca.

Superb.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    First time I ever recall, agreeing with you both in the same thread.

Must be a blue moon tonight.
    Ayoob's The Man when it comes to the legalities of defensive gunfighting (I think Branca's a student of Ayoob).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom