• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    Every single one of my builds exceeded their original budget, welcome to the club. ;)

I've done a few gas-blocks by hand, while it isn't my preferred method, they're rock-solid.

I will say that brad may have installed my pinned gas block by hand, and the thing isn't going anywhere without my permission.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Yah, and I definitely would have had him do mine too. But I think he sold his press. They aren't going anywhere, the way I did them. I'm kind of a stickler for details. And nothing eatin' at my craw...:lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I could probably get my hands on another drill press with some advance notice.

The jig, now that I butchered trying to do another member's block for them - had an odd profile to it, it didn't go as planned.

Now that I'm back to working, I will say there's a few things in the planning stage at the moment. ;)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Finished! The RRA trigger, is phenomenal!!!!!
    View attachment 153309
    The final build price for my buddy's, is going to be $1203. That's with several pieces discounted.

And, I went from a boring model 2 stag, with no frills, to this today. 18" straight fluted barrel, and an AP carbon fiber 15" handgrip.
    View attachment 155559
    I also added an Aimpoint PRO to top it off.

Nice rifle photography, btw. :D The ARs are multiplying! Following up with shot group pics in the near future?

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I could probably get my hands on another drill press with some advance notice.

The jig, now that I butchered trying to do another member's block for them - had an odd profile to it, it didn't go as planned.

Now that I'm back to working, I will say there's a few things in the planning stage at the moment. ;)

I am so happy for you Brad!:thumbsup: it's been too long.

Nice rifle photography, btw. :D The ARs are multiplying! Following up with shot group pics in the near future?

Thanks! Not really multiplying, just a bit of shuffling and one build out. The one with the carbon fiber, was a fully functional carbine. I just like 3 gun type AR's:D

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    And, I went from a boring model 2 stag, with no frills, to this today. 18" straight fluted barrel, and an AP carbon fiber 15" handgrip.

I also added an Aimpoint PRO to top it off.

Very nice! Just need to steal that Hogue grip from your buddy's build. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom