• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeiShen

Oct 7, 2013
    Ward 7
    Hello all,

I purchased an ATI GSG-522SD in 22lr after October 1st 2013. This was out of state.

There was already a discussion about this way back before FSA '13, see references. Does MSP still treat this as a copy of the HK 94, a named banned firearm in FSA '13? Would that prevent me from bringing it into the state despite it not even being a center fire rifle?

I am confused by the statute as this rifle is being categorized as a copy and thus, banned from importation unless owned before oct 1st 2013.

Knew I shouldn't have bought this POS to begin with :cool:

Let me know your thoughts.

References:
    http://www.ammoland.com/2009/09/maryland-state-police-define-22-rimfire-rifles-as-assault-weapons/#axzz3TLCge4Cz

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=17605

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    .22 Rimfire rifles are exempt in FSA2013

They're sold all over the place around here.

IANAL

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Your gun is exempt and is in fact legal and a cash and carry gun in MD.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    By MD interpretation, a copy had interchangeable parts with a banned firearm. So a firearm that just LOOKS like a banned one, is not banned.

See the Polytech M14 versus banned M1A threads.

Also, it is NOT correct to say that all rimfires are OK. There is at least one firearm banned by name on the list that is a .22 rimfire. But good luck finding one.

brandofire

Jul 4, 2013
    SOMD
    I purchased a GSG-522 for my son in November of 2013 in The Peoples Democratic Republic of Maryland, no issues. It has been a fun gun with over 500 rounds through it without any problems. Why is yours a POS?

WeiShen

Oct 7, 2013
    Ward 7
    I purchased a GSG-522 for my son in November of 2013 in The Peoples Democratic Republic of Maryland, no issues. It has been a fun gun with over 500 rounds through it without any problems. Why is yours a POS?

Nice, good to know its cash and carry. I'm not sure, maybe I just got a monday morning gun, but its required a ton of maintenance on my part just to shoot reliably even with 3 different kinds of ammo, mostly constant FTE's, especially during rapid fire. In the end it just wasn't for me.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom