• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cb51

I don't know why, but I have a hankering to get a derringer. I was looking at a Bond arms over under at Atlantic Gun Shop, and was impressed by the workmanship. I won't be relying on it for serious defense as I have a Glock 9mm of that. This is just a fun gun and maybe a backup to a backup. I like the idea that I can have spare barrel sets for different caliber's, including .410.

I see United Gun hop has the Cobra Arms listed at a much lower price than the Bond Arms, and it's made in Utah, so it's not a junker from South America. Is the Cobra Arms a decent gun?

Or should I spend the $ for the Bond Arms?

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Buy the Bond. Skip the Cobra.

The Cobra has a lousy trigger, is lightweight, and unless it's a .22, it feels like an M-80 going off in your hand.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    BOND ARMS! You can get one in just about any caliber and they are built like a tank. Go for it. You really get what you pay for with guns.

cb51

Yeah, that's about what I figured. I like the Bond Arms snake slayer, and since 'm planning on moving to Texas and jumping ship from the Peoples Republik Of Marylandistan, a snake gun may be needed hiking around. And since I already have a 9mm, the extra barrel set for 9mm for the Bond may be handy to have for a back up while not off in the boonies. I love the irdea of being to change calibers so easy. Having one little gun that takes everything from .22 to .410 is kind of cool.

But, compared to a Smith and Wesson model 60 with Hogue mono grip and a plus P load, how much does the Bond in .410 kick?

Last edited:

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I've got a Bond Texas Defender, great little gun. You can also get different barrels from them to fit all their guns. Get a Bond!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Bond Arms is what to get if you want a derringer. I'd rather have a short-barreled NAA mini revolver, but MD residents are deemed not worthy.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I was looking at the Bond's on BBP website, thinking I would like one in 38/357, but not sure if I would shoot it more than once.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I was looking at the Bond's on BBP website, thinking I would like one in 38/357, but not sure if I would shoot it more than once.

Shoot the bottom barrel first. The frame absorbs most of the shock.

The top barrel will twang your hand.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Bond and ADC are reasonably comparable.

The Cobra is what it is. Somewhat better quality than the Davis derringer from which it evolved. * Faint praise Alert ! *

cb51

14130682078_24fc36381a_c.jpg
    Bond Arms is what to get if you want a derringer. I'd rather have a short-barreled NAA mini revolver, but MD residents are deemed not worthy.

Already have my quota. They're fun, but I want a classic two barrel over under derringer. Maybe watched too many westerns when I was a kid, always loved the one Paladin had tucked behind his belt.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    14130682078_24fc36381a_c.jpg

Already have my quota. They're fun, but I want a classic two barrel over under derringer. Maybe watched too many westerns when I was a kid, always loved the one Paladin had tucked behind his belt.

I think those little revolvers are WORTHLESS!!!!

With that being said I am jealous and really want one. I'd never shoot it but it's such a Novelty that I'd love to add one to my collection!

Very Cool!!

Whats the farthest distance you've tried to plink with one? You know with something that small you've tried to shoot at like 50 yards.

cb51

I think those little revolvers are WORTHLESS!!!!

With that being said I am jealous and really want one. I'd never shoot it but it's such a Novelty that I'd love to add one to my collection!

Very Cool!!

Whats the farthest distance you've tried to plink with one? You know with something that small you've tried to shoot at like 50 yards.

I'd hardly call them worthless. Twice in the past 20 years, one of them has saved my better half and myself from very possible harm just by being small enough that they were there. As the NRA has stated, in many instances, the mere presence of a firearm has stopped a would be crime.

With Maryland not having CCW, any gun I carry has to be very deep cover. That means not any bulge in the pocket. At the Blue Mash area off Mt. Zion road about five years ago, a whack job with a large Buck sheath knife got religion when a shot went into the ground at his feet at about 10 feet range. He dropped his knife and swore to God he was just fooling with us. Yeah, uh huh.

They are a gun, they shoot a bullet, and they will kill you. Not a toy, not a joke. They are accurate out to 10 or 12 feet with no problem, and they leave your ears ringing. Heck of a muzzle blast, and a impressive flash at night. Yeah, I'd prefer my Glock, but too hard to carry with no trace in this crazy state. Of course, that's why I'm looking to move to Texas.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To the small extent I'd want one for self amusement , I'd want a mimi-revolver in dedicated .22 Short. Within the very short combined bbl and cylnder length of these, the shorter case of the Short will make for a much improved Expansion Ratio. ( And hence boost the velocity.

As far as practical usage , mini-revolvers do the seemingly impossable : Make .25 autos look good by comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom