• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I realize I may be geographic unattractive to some, but here is some additional info to consider;

There is very little traffic on weekends.
    Our facility is beautiful.
    There are all kinds of cheap, brand new hotels within 10 mins of range (some with free breakfast).
    You could coordinate carpool and room sharing details here and make new friends.
    There is a brand new Texas Roadhouse next to hotels - order smothered (trust me).
    You could visit both the new, and beautiful Heritage Training Center, and the new Machine Gun Nest (the have full auto!).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Im unavailable during those times. I hope to take a class from you in the future though :thumbsup:

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I realize I may be geographic unattractive to some, but here is some additional info to consider;

There is very little traffic on weekends.
    Our facility is beautiful.
    There are all kinds of cheap, brand new hotels within 10 mins of range (some with free breakfast).
    You could coordinate carpool and room sharing details here and make new friends.
    There is a brand new Texas Roadhouse next to hotels - order smothered (trust me).
    You could visit both the new, and beautiful Heritage Training Center, and the new Machine Gun Nest (the have full auto!).

These are great idea's. If it were in one weekend, I would definitely share with someone. I just can't get free to do two weekends up there. I am sure you will have no problem filling this up. :thumbsup:

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    "You'll never get a permit unless you apply..."<<~~~ this. :smoke: hope to meet some of you there.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I read you may register a handgun when applying for DC permit. Is this something a Maryland resident must do?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I read you may register a handgun when applying for DC permit. Is this something a Maryland resident must do?

We cover this and much more in the DC CCL Course.

Yes, for now (until there is a decision in court appeal) any carry gun must be registered. One registration is included in your DC CCL fee.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    We cover this and much more in the DC CCL Course.

Yes, for now (until there is a decision in court appeal) any carry gun must be registered. One registration is included in your DC CCL fee.

What a crock, wow. I take it when I go there I don't bring the gun I'm registering :lol2:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Actually you do bring the unLoaded firearm w/ 10 round mag or less.

Previously Owned Firearm

To register a firearm you already own, you must file an application immediately after the firearm is brought into the District. You can comply with this requirement by personally communicating your intent to register the firearm to the FRS before bringing the gun into the District. You must then file an application for a registration certificate within 48 hours after communicating your intent to do so.

• Bring your UNLOADED gun to the FRS (do not bring any ammunition) along with all materials necessary to complete the registration process.
    • After you complete the process, you will leave with your gun.
    • Once the application is approved (generally within five days), the FRS will notify you. You can pick up your registration certificate or request that it be mailed to you. Your registration process is then complete.
    look at the bottom of the page

http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/178032

Step 2: Submit the completed PD-219 to FRS.
    Bring the completed PD-219 to the FRS, along with:
    • The firearm, if appropriate.
      • If you already own the firearm, bring the UNLOADED gun with you. If registering a semi-automatic firearm, do bring the empty accompanying magazine. Please note that it is illegal to possess a magazine that holds more than ten rounds of ammunition in the District of Columbia.
    If just registration you still need proof of training

• Proof that you have met the District’s requirement for a firearms safety training course. This requirement can be met by producing:
      • A certificate of completion for MPD’s online Firearms Safety Training Course. There is no cost for taking this course and it should take approximately 30 minutes to complete. It can be accessed from any computer at MPD’s website (www.mpdc.dc.gov/gunregistration). If you do not have access to a computer, you may use one at the office of the Firearms Registration Section.
      • Evidence that you have received firearms training in the United States military.
      • A license from another state which requires firearms training equal to that provided by MPD. Examples include, but are not limited to, a license or certificate for hunting or armed service as a special police officer.
      • Evidence that you have otherwise completed a firearms training or safety course conducted by a firearms instructor that, as determined by the Chief, equal to that provided by the MPD.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom