• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

http://ccwsafe.com/lav

It covers info and even legal coverage WITH expert witnesses if you are involved in a self defense shooting.

I just signed up. Check it out and see if its for you.

$99.00 Year
    $75.00 Military

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    To bad this thread will end up in a dumb argument somehow. This is one of the most useful a posts I've seen on this forum. Good find chad!!! Did a little reading, not much, but seems like an exceptional idea!!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    To bad this thread will end up in a dumb argument somehow. This is one of the most useful a posts I've seen on this forum. Good find chad!!! Did a little reading, not much, but seems like an exceptional idea!!

Thank you my friend.

Im not gong to engage anyone here. Ill let their stupidity speak for itself. :D

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Shooting someone in SD is the easy part.....it's called survival. The after math is the tough part, being able to properly articulate why. On top of that Civil suits (which scare me worse then death). It appears they cover that as well.

The chances of a SD shooting are rare I bet this company is making a KILLING, especially if they do a great job! Businesses like these are like guns you rarely need them but when you do there a life saver! A lot more people need to look into these r a proper 2A lawyer if they choose to carry!

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Definitely appealing and timely, as I'm reading "The law of self defense" right now...which describes ways you'll be torn apart by a prosecutor if you have to use your firearm in self defense.

I'm really curious what the fine print is...call me cynical but I can't imagine that a $99 subscription covers too much legal work. I'll stop typing and do my own research now :D

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Definitely appealing and timely, as I'm reading "The law of self defense" right now...which describes ways you'll be torn apart by a prosecutor if you have to use your firearm in self defense.

I'm really curious what the fine print is...call me cynical but I can't imagine that a $99 subscription covers too much legal work. I'll stop typing and do my own research now :D

Think about it 99.99% of carriers will NEVER get in a shooting. Get 100 customers at 100 bucks a month that's 120K a year to basically do nothing but say I got your back. They have more then 100 customers I'm sure there probably killing it. I read the about us section and the CEO went through what he's trying to help with.....that's good news in my book.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    not sure i want someone else picking my legal counsel when the stakes would be huge.

I think it's cheap insurance.

And at the end of the day you do not have to go with who they provide. Get into a shooting, call the number, meet with the attorney, and if you don't like him get another one.

Sure you wasted a bit of money but is 100 bucks a year going to wreck anyone on this forum? I certainly hope it wouldn't.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Think about it 99.99% of carriers will NEVER get in a shooting. Get 100 customers at 100 bucks a month that's 120K a year to basically do nothing but say I got your back. They have more then 100 customers I'm sure there probably killing it. I read the about us section and the CEO went through what he's trying to help with.....that's good news in my book.

I think it's $99 per year but I haven't really dug in.

Also, with insurance you run into the phenomenon called adverse selection unless there is some screening or market pricing mechanism....basically the reckless would sign up for flat/favorable coverage like this because they know there is a high likelihood of utilizing the benefit. Whereas folks who either don't carry or are level headed and slow to anger may pass on the coverage. So you have successfully gathered a high risk pool to "back up". In the auto world, imagine if State Farm offered a flat $99 insurance coverage plan for drivers- every DWI shitbird would sign up.

Maybe the fine print says no priors and if you fail to get a "self defense" instruction from the judge in pre-trial, you're on your own.

With all that being said, I guess your right....for every one incident, there are 10,000 people who will never draw in anger.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    I signed up a few months back. Just another layer of protection to CYA. I personally like the service and thinks it's a no brainier

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I think it's $99 per year but I haven't really dug in.

Also, with insurance you run into the phenomenon called adverse selection unless there is some screening or market pricing mechanism....basically the reckless would sign up for flat/favorable coverage like this because they know there is a high likelihood of utilizing the benefit. Whereas folks who either don't carry or are level headed and slow to anger may pass on the coverage. So you have successfully gathered a high risk pool to "back up". In the auto world, imagine if State Farm offered a flat $99 insurance coverage plan for drivers- every DWI shitbird would sign up.

Maybe the fine print says no priors and if you fail to get a "self defense" instruction from the judge in pre-trial, you're on your own.

With all that being said, I guess your right....for every one incident, there are 10,000 people who will never draw in anger.

I screwed up your right.....it's per year! I read some of the fen print and they won't cover you if your outside your permit restrictions and what not. Also most carriers, who get permits, attempt to avoid these situations.

Although your right there are def more then a few yahoos and nut jobs in the gun community!

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    USCCA offers a program also for those that are inclined to insure themselves.

Excellent option.

USCCA costs more, but, they have 2 attorneys here in Maryland that are in the Top 100 criminal defense list for the U.S.

They are both approachable and 2 A friendly. Under the USCCA program, they will accept direct payments from USCCA instead of asking for a retainer. That's a savings of roughly $10,000 just for the retainer....

And for the instructor types among us, my accountant categorically states that it is a valid business expense.

-Chuck

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    I would also suggest people interested in this take a look at the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Full disclosure: I am biased since I am one of their Maryland network attorneys but unlike some others which reimburse your expenses only if you are successful they pay $10K right off the bat to any attorney you choose ( you don't have to go with a network attorney) so you are represented from the start. Then they will pay more as the case progresses.

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    I would also suggest people interested in this take a look at the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Full disclosure: I am biased since I am one of their Maryland network attorneys but unlike some others which reimburse your expenses only if you are successful they pay $10K right off the bat to any attorney you choose ( you don't have to go with a network attorney) so you are represented from the start. Then they will pay more as the case progresses.

+1 on this.

Can't recall the case, but they backed a CCWs shooting by giving his attorneys a check for $50k and said call us when you need more. Plus, they provide expert witnesses like Ayoob to testify on your behalf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom