• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    People will spend more time and effort trying to find a loophole to make something illegal legal then they are willing spend trying to get the law changed.

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    Wow! How many times has this topic and it's variations been discussed?

And this kinda person is why I have less than 100 posts a year... if I cant find something with the forum search then I guess I'm just out of luck because I should assume its going to annoy this guy and not post... smh

Think we have enough enemies outside the 2a supporters in MD without having to tear each other down by saying "wow this guys an idiot for FORCING me to not only read this thread but post in here about how stupid he is for making a re-post"

rant over

3tprnf.jpg

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    And put it on the will...

(Response from erwos in 3.. 2... Lol)

LOL yeah getting my dad to put together a will that will be the day he doesnt even have a bank account he trusts the system that much

I like the idea of getting him to buy it and let me use it though thnx for that :)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    LOL yeah getting my dad to put together a will that will be the day he doesnt even have a bank account he trusts the system that much

I like the idea of getting him to buy it and let me use it though thnx for that :)
    Still hiding money under the bed mattress? Lol

Just get one that is MD legal.. Less hassle. ;)

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Think the problem would be as stated that you are claiming your home is at your Dads when you are a Md resident. FFL would need photo identification showing where you reside and you would be signing the 4473 stating that. Believe me I have been thru all that as my Home of Record is in Pa. and my Dad still lives there. When I retired from the military in Md I could not keep or renew my Pa. License and had to obtain a Md drivers license showing proof of residence. Nothing to keep you from taking your Dad to the FFL and him buying it in his name for you to keep there and use when you come to visit. Good luck, don't want a midnight visit by the men-in-black.

Md. Designated Collector
    NRA member
    MSG USARET 95b
    VFW/AL member
    Md registered voter

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is a violation of Federal law for the FFL to sell it to you. And a violation of Federal law for you to purchase it.

And if you tell the FFL you are on Ohio resident on the 4473, you can add the charge of falsifying a Federal document.

These false statements or representations are punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and up to 10 years in prison

So if you want to 1) spend up to 10 years as the girl friend of Bubba, and 2) lose your right to ever own a firearm again, and 3) have all your currently owned firearms possibly confiscated, GO FOR IT.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Think the problem would be as stated that you are claiming your home is at your Dads when you are a Md resident. FFL would need photo identification showing where you reside and you would be signing the 4473 stating that. Believe me I have been thru all that as my Home of Record is in Pa. and my Dad still lives there. When I retired from the military in Md I could not keep or renew my Pa. License and had to obtain a Md drivers license showing proof of residence. Nothing to keep you from taking your Dad to the FFL and him buying it in his name for you to keep there and use when you come to visit. Good luck, don't want a midnight visit by the men-in-black.

Md. Designated Collector
    NRA member
    MSG USARET 95b
    VFW/AL member
    Md registered voter

If he gives his father money to buy it for him, it COULD be a straw purchase and end up with BOTH of them in prison.

If his father buys it, and lets him shoot it when he visits, that is OK.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is a violation of Federal law for the FFL to sell it to you. And a violation of Federal law for you to purchase it.

And if you tell the FFL you are on Ohio resident on the 4473, you can add the charge of falsifying a Federal document.

So if you want to 1) spend up to 10 years as the girl friend of Bubba, and 2) lose your right to ever own a firearm again, and 3) have all your currently owned firearms possibly confiscated, GO FOR IT.
    It would be a violation for the FFL as well, and that is why many dealers, businesses, etc choose to not deal with Maryland residents.

Lots of post here about C&R guys not selling to Maryland, even though the transaction would be okay.

It's hard for an FFL to know the laws of all 50 states and I'm sure many FFLs go by the mantra "I can sell you anything but a handgun" to out of state residents, as often that would be true.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    18" barrel is still shorter than 29"

They do have some that have a pinned and welded muzzle device to bring them up to 29" for MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom