• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    This is how kydex works. The draw also requires a smart "snap" as opposed to a smooth draw. Shame ZERO kydex holster makers mention this.
    If you've looked and cleared your holster visually before holstering, there is no issue "pushing" it in there. If that's your holstering ritual.

I do look prior to reholstering, and am familiar with kydex vs leather. I guess it's minutiae at this point if one's Glock has a Gadget.

If leather is your thing, 5-Shot makes excellent holsters. The SME was the most comfortable holster I've ever used.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I prefer my alien gear over my crossbreed due to the goddamn squeaking noise the crossbreed makes. Tried all the "remedies" and it still does it. So it sits in the drawer. I'll be getting one of the little foxx setups mentioned above next.

This ^^^^ combined with the absurd lead time caused me to swear off CB holsters. Similar quality SHTF Gear holster shipped in about 3 days.....

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I carry with a Milt Sparks Nexus. I like it much more than the Milt Sparks VMII I used to have. Here is a video comparing the two at the same time:

That being said, the newer Milt Sparks Criterion would be what I'd buy now. It's a Nexus with the supported lip of the VMII, for the most part.

jrwhitt

May 27, 2012
    Love the Criterion from Sparks, especially the magnets and not snaps - arthritis in the thumbs makes closing the snaps a problem.

IgotAgun

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015
    Anyone that does not carry with the trigger guard covered or without a round in the chamber has no business giving CCW advice.

Easyjk

Dec 12, 2014
    I recently purchased a Sticky holster and tested it with my boxer shorts on. Like that it can be adapted to a leg rig strap without purchasing a separate rig.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Anyone that does not carry with the trigger guard covered or without a round in the chamber has no business giving CCW advice.

Hopefully you mean something like this, not that everyone needs to be carrying a gun that's not ready to go:

Trigger guard uncovered, round chambered - not recommended (at least I personally won't do it)

Trigger guard uncovered, round not chambered - ok I guess, still not recommended

Trigger guard covered, round chambered - fine; this is how I carry

Trigger guard covered, round not chambered - ok if it makes you feel better, but don't preach it at me ;)

My favorite IWB holster is the Kramer #3. It's the best chance I have at concealing a full size pistol without a jacket or dressing like a hobo.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    Milt Sparks Versa Max II, best by far
    a5fd310a.jpg

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD

I'll agree with the part about an uncovered trigger guard with a round chambered...but if people want to carry without a round in the chamber, so be it. Better than having nothing. Is it the fastest, and most efficient way to use your gun? No. But it is their choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom