• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Something else that may be going on is severance package. The old Annapolis mayor Cohen dolled out huge severance packages in his last day to all his appointed staff. It required 3 signatures but they were all appointees as well.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Way too close for comfort. Anyone see any change in the issuance of non-resident PA permits coming in the future?

Maybe we should have a (online) gathering were we offer all 10000 members of MDS, as well as any other interested person the opportunity to sign an open letter to PA residents warning them of Brown's complicity in O'Malley's so called G&S scheme, in violation of his oath, and the threat he poses 2A rights in Pennsylvania.

Such a media event might affect his confirmation, but also make other pols think twice before supporting the same types of schemes in the future.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Maybe we should have a (online) gathering were we offer all 10000 members of MDS, as well as any other interested person the opportunity to sign an open letter to PA residents warning them of Brown's complicity in O'Malley's so called G&S scheme, in violation of his oath, and the threat he poses 2A rights in Pennsylvania.

Such a media event might affect his confirmation, but also make other pols think twice before supporting the same types of schemes in the future.

I like it. I'm in for my share of the cost.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    We just need someone to find a cloud service like onlinepetitions.com or open letters.com, and others to get the word out and a few to notify the media b

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Make sure all your friends in PA see this youtube video

Maryland Public Safety Town Hall
    http://youtu.be/voGAJzmognU

Anthony Brown's gun control you tube "town hall" from early 2013. Col Marcus Brown's gun control shilling starts around 7 minutes and 50 seconds into the video.

Col Brown certainly isnt being hired because PA needs more gang influence in its prisons or because it wants to be the new heroin capital.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Personally, I think he'll wait.

Too soon, and it might look like a knee-jerk reaction, and the media will find ways to be all over it.

So, at the moment we have none. Brown resigns at noon and is orgainizing his pens and post-its within 24 hours.

Not sure I get it, Hogan obviously has someone picked. They know, he knows, what's the hold up with everyone else knowing?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So, at the moment we have none. Brown resigns at noon and is orgainizing his pens and post-its within 24 hours.

Not sure I get it, Hogan obviously has someone picked. They know, he knows, what's the hold up with everyone else knowing?

The hold up is setting up the camera to catch Frosh's reaction to Mike Smigiel's nomination. Has to happen while Frosh as a full mouth of coffee.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    How all ya'll ex Marylanders doin' now? ;p

LOLOLOLOL:thumbsup:

It's honestly a bit disturbing to see posts like these here and on facebook since this was announced.

I can only speak for myself, but I didn't think I was "safe" or "escaping" by moving to PA. I didn't abandon those fighting for the 2A in MD. I didn't start a going-away-thread bragging about my move out of state.

But since you asked, I'm doing great up here. Besides the generally better people and atmosphere, I've been able to leagally carry openly or concealed for the last year and a half I've been living here. I can walk into any gun shop and walk out with my new handgun/AR-15/M1A/whatever in less than 10 minutes. I can buy any number of PMags (not to mention standard capacity pistol magazines, which you now have to travel out of state for). And I joined a gun club with a $25 yearly fee.

I'm not under any delusion that I'm "safe" up here forever. I'm still going to be actively fighting to keep my rights here, and for you to re-gain your rights down there. But hey, if you all want to point and laugh and say "I told you so", go ahead. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom