• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    So I accidentally purchased some pcp pellets rather than the standard fair pellets. They appear to be very accurate and seem to hit hard into particle board covered in denim. See the attached pictures of how much energy transfer and deformity I got. They don't penetrate through the wood after penetration of 3 layers of denim, but they sure leave a mark.

uploadfromtaptalk1449541216054.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1449541225590.jpg

Pretty freaking sweet.... Rifle seems dead accurate with the scope I mounted (I am using the ATN x-sight 3-12x). It's only about 4x the cost of the rifle.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Got the pellets online, H&N Sport Rabbit Magnum II's, 25.62 grain. So I took away the 3 layers of denim in front of the 1/2" board. You will love this.

Bullet comparison
    uploadfromtaptalk1449543009291.jpg

Entry hole
    uploadfromtaptalk1449543032127.jpg

Exit hole
    uploadfromtaptalk1449543058296.jpg

That is some butthurt coming to a critter.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Midway has these in stock. With the nitro piston 2 I should have about 25 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle and little critters inside 50 yards are not going to have a chance to survive a hit from this thing... It is an absolute squirrel devastator anywhere inside 50 yards. It is probably lethal on varmints to as far as 100 yards, but I have not tried shooting that far yet. Seems like a 30 yard zero will but you in a pretty good place from 10-60 yards without much holdover.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Nasty! (in a good way).

I have a Nitro Venom in .22 which I have been happy with, barely have that one broken in.

Nice to be able to plink some and do rodent control on the cheap, quiet, and easy at times.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    Impressive, what air rifles can do nowadays! I have a Benjamin Genesis .22 that I shortened the barrel just for kicks & giggles and shoot a variety of different weight pellets, including 25gr. The range in my yard is 30 yards long. When I want to see what kind of power a springer or NP has I shoot at cinder block. That rifle won't go through it, but it does stick in to it solidly and sometimes can not be pulled out with bare fingers and is very accurate even at that distance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom