TacCon 3MR Trigger? Cooler than a bumpstock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Available pre-order, bill credit card now, no specific delivery date other than
    "Tac-Con™ 3MR Trigger shipments to begin end of 2013 or beginning of 2014."

Not accustomed to billing before shipping. Especially at 495, double what you pay for a high quality trigger group.

Guess I will check back here to see who has gotten delivery.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    For any paintballers out there, this kinda reminds me of the gas reactive trigger available on the Tippmann A5's.

Where normally the trigger doesn't reset after firing until you release your finger pressure, the Tippmann trigger has a piston that forces the trigger forward to reset, which seems to be a similar effect (albeit different mechanism) to what TacCon is describing.

Now, the Tippmann triggers have a "sweet spot" which can simulate short bursts of automatic fire if you hold your finger in the right place. Wonder if that would be the same here???

Interesting. Not sure if $500 interesting, but still interesting. Will wait for some real world reviews.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    For any paintballers out there, this kinda reminds me of the gas reactive trigger available on the Tippmann A5's.

Where normally the trigger doesn't reset after firing until you release your finger pressure, the Tippmann trigger has a piston that forces the trigger forward to reset, which seems to be a similar effect (albeit different mechanism) to what TacCon is describing.

Now, the Tippmann triggers have a "sweet spot" which can simulate short bursts of automatic fire if you hold your finger in the right place. Wonder if that would be the same here???

Interesting. Not sure if $500 interesting, but still interesting. Will wait for some real world reviews.

thats the first thing that came to my mind...once you got it all set up right, doing 3 round bursts, and even just full dumps, was pretty easy to do.

damnit, now i want to play paintball again...i gotta stop coming here...

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    It's basically a "bumpfire trigger". you hold the trigger back and the bolt's action pushes it forward. Like a slidefire, but not as ugly. ordered one.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Available pre-order, bill credit card now, no specific delivery date other than
    "Tac-Con™ 3MR Trigger shipments to begin end of 2013 or beginning of 2014."

Not accustomed to billing before shipping. Especially at 495, double what you pay for a high quality trigger group.

Guess I will check back here to see who has gotten delivery.

There has been a lot of ripping off going on in this industry recently. Companies promising things they can't come through with and Charging people up front. If I wanted this, I would wait until it's released and in other hands before I even thought about ordering it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    There has been a lot of ripping off going on in this industry recently. Companies promising things they can't come through with and Charging people up front. If I wanted this, I would wait until it's released and in other hands before I even thought about ordering it.

I just pre-ordered one and it said my card will be charged just before shipping.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    Interesting concept, but too steep for my tastes. I don't even want to spend half that price on a good trigger setup!

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Nothing a regular adjustable trigger cant accomplish IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. I've been fiddling with a PSA build kit I put together to see how the shelves in the fire control group "catch" each other when cycling. So this seems like a stronger return spring for a quicker reset and I'm assuming a new selector switch to control the "quick reset mode" in place of an NFA's "auto" spot?

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    I was thinking the same thing. I've been fiddling with a PSA build kit I put together to see how the shelves in the fire control group "catch" each other when cycling. So this seems like a stronger return spring for a quicker reset and I'm assuming a new selector switch to control the "quick reset mode" in place of an NFA's "auto" spot?

believe their is a mechanism that interfaces with the bolt that pushes the trigger forward to a set position (trigger reset). If you are still applying greater than 4.5 pounds on the trigger the action will cycle again. There does not appear to be a need to release the trigger.

Last edited:

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    ^So its using the inertia of the bolt carrier to reset the trigger and pull it forward while still technically requiring the operator to squeeze? That sounds about as close to NFA as you can get without falling off the fence.

Looking forward to some real world reviews too. Hell, I've not even gotten around to installing my Geisselle trigger in my SCAR...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom