• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    No bad news for me. They raise prices ridiculously to take advantage of current and past trends.

I have gotten good deals from them in the past. They are dead to me now on principle (what few I have left).

Not only yes but oh Hell Yes :thumbsup:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    My problem with CTD is not that they sold $10 items for $100, (that is the problem of the chumps that bought for $100) it's that that cancelled bona fide orders from non-chumps for $10 items to go and sell them to chumps for $100.

That's just not cricket.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My problem with CTD is not that they sold $10 items for $100, (that is the problem of the chumps that bought for $100) it's that that cancelled bona fide orders from non-chumps for $10 items to go and sell them to chumps for $100.

That's just not cricket.

A succinct summation of the issue.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Try being one and charging less. Did you know there are laws governing what I charge? That I can get fined for UNDER-charging? That it cost me over a quarter million just for school? Did you also know that I provide a large amount of free care to indigent patients? Do you whine when your mechanic charges you a diagnostic fee, or charges for labor?

I don't but as a FORMER service technician, yes, yes they do complain and a LOT!!!! I also love ya Doc, BUT some of my WORST complaining customers were doctors. Until I told them how much all the equipment in my shop cost. They stopped complaining about the cost after that.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't but as a FORMER service technician, yes, yes they do complain and a LOT!!!! I also love ya Doc, BUT some of my WORST complaining customers were doctors. Until I told them how much all the equipment in my shop cost. They stopped complaining about the cost after that.

I believe it. People are nuts. You would think other business people would understand the costs associated with running a business.

Feb 28, 2013
    Don't project your whining on me bro, you're the one bitching about CTD. I'm not complaining about doctors charging market prices. Why don't you offer CTD the same courtesy?

In the meantime, enjoy your BMW and Porsche.

So, lemme get this straight.

You support CTD, which in this hillbilly's opinion ain't cheaper than a damn thing, because you claim to support the free market. That's a good thing.

Yet on the other hand you lambaste the good doctor for engaging in those very same market principles you just got done supporting by buying a car he wants and can afford?

Some folks might say that could be described as "ghey". :innocent0

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    26 off topic and argumentative posts removed.

Infractions issued.

(today's helpful hint: don't hit the report post button because someone hurt your feelings once you started flinging poo at everyone else. The results may not be what you thought they would be)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

You support CTD, which in this hillbilly's opinion ain't cheaper than a damn thing, because you claim to support the free market. That's a good thing.

Yet on the other hand you lambaste the good doctor for engaging in those very same market principles you just got done supporting by buying a car he wants and can afford?

Ouch. Busted... :lol2:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Ouch. Busted... :lol2:

Umm, no, I never said anything of the sort that the Good Doc cannot charge whatever fees he wishes. I'm the one defending Capitalism, remember? That exact hypocrisy, though, is what I see in certain others' opinions who bash CTD's pricing while charging high prices of their own.

Regardless, any logic has gone out the window with this discussion so I'm done. Feel free to talk to my hand from here on out with the petty comments.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    A CTD sucks thread and a PSA ships slow thread in the same week?!?!?

Its like the internet is broken. Anybody ever seen the trash that hangs out at Walmart?

bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    UPDATE
    Purchased item after seeing it was cheapest on CTD
    Was wary of a total scam (losing money and not getting the item)
    CTD had best price on that item w/there expensive shipping so i give them a + there
    Shipped out with Tracking number the day after placing the order another ++
    However if they cancel orders and raise prices in the manner you all have reported i will not make them a favorite because of my lack of patience. I prefer to deal with companies that have a good accurate checkout and delivery system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom