• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's what I'm currently looking at. They are expensive but great holsters.

It will need to fit a 2.25" gunbelt.

Looking at 6280 and 6285....can't decide on mid or low ride. I don't think I'll be using this with a plate carrier as I have a drop leg but that is for my P30. Here is the setup, this will be occasionally used with. It will be used with a set of old nylon belt keepers I have and a Mil-surp LBV (like you saw in the 90s and movies like Tears of the Sun). I don't freguently use my plate carrier and the LBV is SUPER breathable especially in the 98 degree sun at 6,000 feet. The belt will be used in conjunction with the LBV and as a standalone gunbelt at times. Probably more as a standalone. I am USED to a mid ride, but feel like the low might be more versatile IN CASE I thrown on the plates. Know what I mean?

This is the old school 'chest rig' I use. KISS. As you can see the bottom has belt loops for you to fasten the LBV to to keep it steady. I LOVE IT! Had a few knockoffs as a kid but mine arrived unissued and basically brand new from Amazon for $25 with free shipping.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/29...ines-and-2-grenades-nylon-woodland-camouflage

You known that chest rig is the one that the sand spider from true lies wears, except his is khaki.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You known that chest rig is the one that the sand spider from true lies wears, except his is khaki.

Another reason I got it. But why do they call him the Sand Spider?

And lx1x the Mk25 has a different SLIGHTLY larger rail instead of the curved standard rail on the P226.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    No. The mk25 has a standard picattiny rail instead of the Sig proprietary rail. It leaves it more squared than round and slightly wider, so many of the 226 holsters won't hold a mk25.

I meant for the purposes of the OP, a Sig Mk25 with a TLR series on it will fit any holster that will take a 226r with the same light.

But yes, the rails are different on the two. Although, I dont THINK it makes that much of a difference as far as holsters are concerned. The SP2022s I have are equipped with the same wider, flat rail and they fit P229r holsters just fine. That being said I realize I am comparing apples and oranges and I DO NOT have a 226r AND a Mk25, just the Mk25 so I dont know for sure.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    Yeah. East coast and west coast reserve teams. Most the active guys we support really vary on what they carry. I've seen everything from the standards of m9s and m11a1s to 1911s and hks. If they can qual with it they can deploy with it. The reserve guys still seem fond of the mk25s though.

I just backed up MSP on a traffic stop and the dude stopped said that he worked for Naval Special Warfare after I inquired about a Serpa holster on his passenger seat. Turns out that it was for a Mk25. Kinda makes me feel better that I just met someone that actually carries one and that it wasn't a complete marketing ploy by Sig. :)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I just backed up MSP on a traffic stop and the dude stopped said that he worked for Naval Special Warfare after I inquired about a Serpa holster on his passenger seat. Turns out that it was for a Mk25. Kinda makes me feel better that I just met someone that actually carries one and that it wasn't a complete marketing ploy by Sig. :)

And you didn't toss his car for a holster? Lol

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ok yall. I took the advice of a youtuber and he was correct. The Mk25 WILL FIT in a Serpa of you remove the retention screw. It os perfect. After using it it has broken in very well and the Serpa mechanism functions perfectly.

Sig 226 Navy Mk25 WILL FIT in a Serpa.

uvu9una6.jpg

ymyrevy2.jpg

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom