• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    JMoon, the smple fact of the matter is, you gave your word and you broke it.

That is inexcusable, though it seems from your 'Alibi Ike' responses, you have no trouble breaking your word. :tdown:

Last edited:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Wow.

It's the COMMIT to buy part you are not quite understanding I guess. Quick suggestion, never post something for sale again here. Most of us are proud of the integrity of the classifieds on this forum. Some of us have sold literally tens of thousands here without a single hiccup, certainly no fully backing out on deals just because we decided we didn't need the money.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you put the item in the classifieds, what else would anyone with a modicum of commons sense be led to believe? That you didn't intend on selling it?

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    JMoon, that is not a good way to get started here. It is a 10/22, not a rare, hard to find rifle. You made a deal and gave your word. A man is as good as his word. Whether you need the money now or not is not the point. You committed to selling to j h smith. You should have kept your word and sold him the rifle as per your agreement. You could have replaced the rifle for only a little bit more than what you sold him that rifle for. My word is worth more than a few bucks to me.
    I share the same two cents. :thumbsup:

It sounds like you made a legitimate mistake; that still doesn't excuse you from your responsibility to honor your commitment.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Did everyone else get the post Jmoon posted recently, then deleted? I got it as usual when someone posts to a subscribed thread. It's a classic. What do the forum Gods think about a copy and paste of this hilarious post?

Jim Smith

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I saw them, but I don't have email subscription to every thread so I can't remember what they said.

Feb 28, 2013
    Did everyone else get the post Jmoon posted recently, then deleted? I got it as usual when someone posts to a subscribed thread. It's a classic. What do the forum Gods think about a copy and paste of this hilarious post?

Jim Smith

Nah, I wouldn't.

We've all said our piece. I think Mr. Moon got the message.

happyman4

Aug 1, 2013
    Sale of a 22 bolt action rifle to a VA resident - What to do

I have listed a CZ 452 .22 LR for sale on GunBroker.com - some one in northen VA wants to buy it but would lik to see it first - he is willing to go to a FFL dealer in VA to do the transfer as this would save the shipping charge.
    I have no idea what is legal or illegal - any advise - on what to do. Thanks in advance

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have listed a CZ 452 .22 LR for sale on GunBroker.com - some one in northen VA wants to buy it but would lik to see it first - he is willing to go to a FFL dealer in VA to do the transfer as this would save the shipping charge.
    I have no idea what is legal or illegal - any advise - on what to do. Thanks in advance

Going to a dealer would be the only legal way to do it so he is right on. BTW-what model 452 CZ are you selling?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You meet at FFL. He likes it, so he pays you. You give the rifle (or even a pistol) to the FFL, who logs it into his bound book, then delivers it to the buyer after a 4473 and NICS check.

Perfectly legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom