• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    Hi,

This is a new Laser made to mount on any tactical rail. I bought mine from Optics Planet, cost $129 and free shipping. It's a quality piece that was easy to install on the piccatiny rail on my Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm. I just got back from the range and it worked great.

Here is a link to Optics Planet:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/crimson-trace-rail-master-laser-sight-universal-rail-mount-laser.html

Here is a link to Crimson Trace that gives a good description of the Rail Master:

http://www.crimsontrace.com/products/manufacturer/ar15-m16-rifles/01-9690

FYI,

I had a Lasermax laser on my PX4, it cost about the same but crappped out after 500 rounds, it stopped holding zero. I got my money back. I was glad to find the Rail Master, I think Crimson Trace has the best reputation in the laser department, and I was pleasently surprised by the price.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    That money you saved is called customer service.

I hate how the market allows for poor customer service. From oil changes at the dealership, to dining out and beyond, the art if customer service is dying.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Please follow up on this post after you spend some time at the range. I am really interested in how well it shows up in outdoor daylight and at what range it is easily visible too.

Thanks

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    sficksr said:
    I tried looking with no luck. Any word if this will fit the microscopic thing on the pf9 they call a rail lol

Don't they make a Laserguard for the PF9? I know they do for most of the other small framed pistols. Can't go wrong with CT, they work very well. Use a dry Q-Tip to keep them clean, wet with anything is a pain to correct.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I have the Lasermax rail laser like this and it has been good. From the things I heard about Crimson Trace I would expect this to be good as well.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    JKrew said:
    I have the Lasermax rail laser like this and it has been good. From the things I heard about Crimson Trace I would expect this to be good as well.

Most consider Crimson Trace to be the standard. Lasermax to be secondary. Both may work though, my experience is only with CT.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Got one of these for a pistol-grip Mossberg .410 (wife's request), but had to slip it onto a Glock 19 first. Works well. For a pistol I still prefer the version fitted to the gun, but this is a great laser that fits most anything you got with a rail. It's small enough for a handgun but can also stick to an AR/AK or shotgun with ease.

Setup was just minutes and all the parts are there, provided you have a rail.

I agree with others that CT is a great brand. Cannot speak to the others, but the difference in price is not enough for me to experiment. I have two CT lasers and would easily get a third if I needed one.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Got one of these for a pistol-grip Mossberg .410 (wife's request), but had to slip it onto a Glock 19 first. Works well. For a pistol I still prefer the version fitted to the gun, but this is a great laser that fits most anything you got with a rail. It's small enough for a handgun but can also stick to an AR/AK or shotgun with ease.

Setup was just minutes and all the parts are there, provided you have a rail.

I agree with others that CT is a great brand. Cannot speak to the others, but the difference in price is not enough for me to experiment. I have two CT lasers and would easily get a third if I needed one.

If the G19 was holstered with the CMR-201 on it, do you think it's easy to accidentally turn the laser on? I can't tell from what I've seen about it on-line so far.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    If the G19 was holstered with the CMR-201 on it, do you think it's easy to accidentally turn the laser on? I can't tell from what I've seen about it on-line so far.

Probably. Activation is side-mounted. I didn't try holstering the G19 with the CT; I knew it wouldn't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom