• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Why look, he's being attacked for his 2A stance anyway. His moderation won't help him pick up a single dem vote, but it will help him lose his base.
    Despite what the media tells you, elections are about turning out your base, not appealing to "undecided voters." But hey, what do I know. Republicans have been winning all over Maryland with their moderate positions. Oh wait, that's right, they haven't been.

He's gone from double digits down to 3 points without mentioning 2A or anything except taxes, jobs and deficit.

Far right positions didn't do very well when they did petitions.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Meh. Im pessimistic, I see an erlich. And dont start with the a vote against hogan is a vote for brown crap.

And Erlich was 1,000 times better than the shitbox we have now. Brown is the turd coming out of O'Malleys ass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    He's gone from double digits down to 3 points without mentioning 2A or anything except taxes, jobs and deficit.

Far right positions didn't do very well when they did petitions.

Also...

--Latest reports show Hogan has more cash on hand than Brown
    --Brown's latest ad is "I'm a vet and look how Hogan hates us"
    --Hogan's latest ad is "It hurts me that people are upset, and here's how I'll help" (with no mention of Buster Brown)

The High Road is working.

Now...

Who's actually going to get out there and HELP, rather than just bitching on an internet forum?

For anyone not willing to lift a little bit of this load... If it all falls down, it's on you.

No, this is not a "Pro-Hogan" stance. It's a situation where we only have two options: Hell, or "other". So far, Hogan is a pretty good "other" (and we already know what Hell is like).

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Also...

--Hogan's latest ad is "It hurts me that people are upset, and here's how I'll help" (with no mention of Buster Brown)

Now...

Who's actually going to get out there and HELP, rather than just bitching on an internet forum?

For anyone not willing to lift a little bit of this load... If it all falls down, it's on you.

No, this is not a "Pro-Hogan" stance. It's a situation where we only have two options: Hell, or "other". So far, Hogan is a pretty good "other" (and we already know what Hell is like).

Amen!

Unless someone is new to Maryland, as in hours new? This ain't no thinkin thing!

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Also...

Now...

You know my feelings on this, so thanks for saving me all that typing. I hope its not as lonely on the campaign trail from here to the general as it was for the primary.

Mr H

Banana'd
    You know my feelings on this, so thanks for saving me all that typing. I hope its not as lonely on the campaign trail from here to the general as it was for the primary.

All I know is, I'm putting in what I can, where I can, and anyone who wants out of this rut needs to do likewise.

Entropy exists... in politics too.

Or, as I still tell my sons... Nothing gets better with neglect.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Hogan should not mention 2A because the libs (that run this State, BTW) will be all over him. And there's not one single person on this forum that should ever vote for Brown, no matter what Hogan says or doesn't say about 2A. Life will be far worse if Brown gets in...

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Why would I want to help Hogan? I'm a single issue voter, and he isn't going to do anything to help the things I care about.
    I don't know why you guys are so convinced that the 2A cause is a losing one. Why not reframe the debate to talk about how the current MD regime passed all these laws that don't actually affect criminals and don't reduce crime? Let's talk about how MD wants fingerprints from the law-abiding for some stupid HQL system, but does little to no NICS reporting? Mock Brown and MoM for going after rifles, when the average person has a better chance of being struck by lightning than being near a crime committed with a rifle. I think the facts don't help Brown, being anti-rights is an indefensible position.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Why would I want to help Hogan? I'm a single issue voter, and he isn't going to do anything to help the things I care about.
    I don't know why you guys are so convinced that the 2A cause is a losing one. Why not reframe the debate to talk about how the current MD regime passed all these laws that don't actually affect criminals and don't reduce crime? Let's talk about how MD wants fingerprints from the law-abiding for some stupid HQL system, but does little to no NICS reporting? Mock Brown and MoM for going after rifles, when the average person has a better chance of being struck by lightning than being near a crime committed with a rifle. I think the facts don't help Brown, being anti-rights is an indefensible position.

Why would you want to help Brown? He's promised additional gun control.

It's really that simple.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Why look, he's being attacked for his 2A stance anyway. His moderation won't help him pick up a single dem vote, but it will help him lose his base.
    Despite what the media tells you, elections are about turning out your base, not appealing to "undecided voters." But hey, what do I know. Republicans have been winning all over Maryland with their moderate positions. Oh wait, that's right, they haven't been.
    remind me if MD's last Republican governor ran to the right or appealed to "undecided voters." not really sure what the base thinks they'll accomplish by spurning Hogan and helping a Brown victory.

wait, are you the base or a single-issue voter?
    look, i myself am essentially a single-issue voter and if Hogan was out there railing against firearms, i wouldn't vote for him. but if your choices are Brown, Hogan or someone else, how is Hogan not the best option for a 2A vote?

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Consider donating to his campaign. I never used to donate to these type of things. But when you consider his ad activity thus far, I think it is more than worthwhile.

While he has made great strides, this is going to be real challenge in the next few months. The bloombergs of the world are going to catch on that their hold is slipping. The money is going to start flowing, and the opposing ad activity is going to increase.

Give the man the tools he needs to complete his mission. I am thinking about this differently. If I knew I could just BUY this election, I would pay a fair bit to oust the current idiot pool. That is why I donated. I need them gone.

Consider it.

Mr H

Banana'd

As a single-issue voter (which I find foolish, but to each their own), would you rather not vote, vote for a known evil, or take a chance on Hogan being true to his word? Options 1 and 2 are 100% the same.

The only people saying 2A is a "lost cause" are the ones not interested in putting any skin in the game.

The criminal aspect is so deeply ingrained in the D fabric of Curran & Co., that the only way to even begin fixing it, is to start replacing people all up and down the line.

The rest of your comments relate directly to the lies and obfuscation surrounding FSA13, and the fear and hype from Vinnie's VJs and supported by the BS and other media.

In short... Anyone not willing to work to change the process is saying they like it as it is.

What did the last Republican governor do to expand 2a rights?

Completely irrelevant.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm not a one issue voter, but... I find that how a person feels about gun rights usually tells me a lot more about that person than most any other issue.

Put another way, if a person understands the Constitution enough to care about protecting it; and be willing to protect themselves/family; they also have a work ethic and respect for people.

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    I'm on board for Hogan...the only persons that would vote for Brown are delusional progressives who have no concern or respect for the Constitution, period!

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    I just tell people that if they think being pro-2A/gun is an issue, they might as well prefer 1920's prohibition as well.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    As far as the comment above about Maryland not reporting to NICS, apparently since FSA went into effect Maryland's metal health reporting records went from 400 to 6,000+ so at least one thing is heading in the right direction.

Edit: I'm not sure if those 6000 records are strictly mental health or a combination of prohibiting factors. I would assume a mix but idk

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I may not be a 1-issue voter bit I use gun rights as my litmus test. I usually find that people that agree with me on gun rights agree with me on other issues too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom