• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    I hope this isn't a dupe. I searched, and couldn't find it posted before. This guy makes an impressive shot from 40' with his Ruger mark 2 competition. How many shots do you think it took?

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    LOL. Amazing. I don't know if I could even SEE a tack at that distance! very nice!

was he shooting with iron sights?

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Some Bullseye shooters routinely put 10 shots into an inch or so at 150' or whatever more precise distance 50yds is...I'm not there yet but I'm working on it. I've seen some .45 matches where you have to watch the hole "fluff" as the next bullet goes through it. Now that is some jedi-type shooting!

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Someone mentions in the comments that they counted the holes around the tack before and after the shot, and there were no additional holes. If he made this shot off hand on the first shot that is insane.

I couldn't imagine putting multiple .45 rounds through the same hole. What distance are those matches shot from?

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Looks like a fake to me, If you watch the video you will see how the screen moves slightly just after the shot. That is cause when he hit pause the camera moved and if your going to say there is a hole where the tack was then he just placed a tack over an hole that was already there

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Plausible. Not trying to threadjack...

Hooligan, "Bullseye" matches are shot:
    10 rounds, 10 minutes, 50 yards, fixed target.
    5 rounds, 20 seconds, 25 yards, turning target. (X2)
    5 rounds, 10 seconds, 25 yards, turning target. (X2)

Army Marksmanship Unit's SSG Adam Sokolowski(sp?) posted this "clean" (100-5X) practice session on youtube:
    . Note the three overlapping impacts at 9 o'clock.

I've got a couple pictures I can PM folks from some targets I just had to keep, including one of three .45 impacts just wider than a 230gr bullet. (Unfortunately in the 6 ring instead of the X, but they were consistent!)

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Looks like a fake to me, If you watch the video you will see how the screen moves slightly just after the shot. That is cause when he hit pause the camera moved and if your going to say there is a hole where the tack was then he just placed a tack over an hole that was already there

If you watch, you can see the tack break apart at 1:26. Check out some of the guys other vids, he's a damn good shot.

Plausible. Not trying to threadjack...

Hooligan, "Bullseye" matches are shot:
    10 rounds, 10 minutes, 50 yards, fixed target.
    5 rounds, 20 seconds, 25 yards, turning target. (X2)
    5 rounds, 10 seconds, 25 yards, turning target. (X2)

Army Marksmanship Unit's SSG Adam Sokolowski(sp?) posted this "clean" (100-5X) practice session on youtube:
    . Note the three overlapping impacts at 9 o'clock.

I've got a couple pictures I can PM folks from some targets I just had to keep, including one of three .45 impacts just wider than a 230gr bullet. (Unfortunately in the 6 ring instead of the X, but they were consistent!)

That's really cool, thanks for the info. I'd love to see your trophy targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom