• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Just got my brand new Octane 45 last week. About a 3.5 month turnaround from when the check was cashed. It was done using my NFA trust and submitted via paper snail mail.

Thanks Vince and the rest of the Duffy's crew.

Congrats! I was there when you picked it up. Let us know what you think of it, I'm thinking about adding one to the collection.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Congrats! I was there when you picked it up. Let us know what you think of it, I'm thinking about adding one to the collection.

No problem. So far it sounds really really nice. Just slightly quieter than my Osprey 45 with a little less FRP. I got it for my upcoming 45 subgun, as the Osprey 45 is apparently not full auto rated for 45. I'm guessing it's something to do with the modular-ish design, as some have reported baffle strikes while running the Osprey 45 on a 45 subgun.

Anyway, with that in mind. If I had to do it all again, I would have gotten the Osprey in 9mm and again the Octane in 45. Eh, whatever... they're still both awesome cans.

Best of all, they both use the same pistons\mounts, and the fixed barrel spacer does work well in the Octane.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Called today about something and I was told efile Form 1's are currently taking 4 months. Just FYI. I thought they were moving faster recently. oh well.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Called today about something and I was told efile Form 1's are currently taking 4 months. Just FYI. I thought they were moving faster recently. oh well.

They told me UP TO 4 months.

But people have been getting them back MUCH faster. Shorted time I saw posted was 24 HOURS. But a week or two seems pretty common.

Although my 2 are now over 3 weeks.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    They told me UP TO 4 months.

But people have been getting them back MUCH faster. Shorted time I saw posted was 24 HOURS. But a week or two seems pretty common.

Although my 2 are now over 3 weeks.

Right, she said "taking four months right now" but their heads are spinning down there. I went pending 1/29 so ... we'll see fingers crossed.:)

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I just started the suppressor process today at 2A Sales. Put up the money and got the partially completed paperwork for an individual, not a trust, buy. Will post status changes as they happen.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I just started the suppressor process today at 2A Sales. Put up the money and got the partially completed paperwork for an individual, not a trust, buy. Will post status changes as they happen.

Get a Trust. It will get you the stamp in 3-4 months instead of 6 months based on processing time in NFA tracker. Not to mention no more need for fingerprints and your papers sleeping at the MSP for about a month.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    A little off topic but just wanted to post that I dropped off a Form 4 at MDSP for sign off last Tuesday and low and behold guess what was in the mail today. Damn 1 week !!! :bannana::bannana::bannana:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    A little off topic but just wanted to post that I dropped off a Form 4 at MDSP for sign off last Tuesday and low and behold guess what was in the mail today. Damn 1 week !!! :bannana::bannana::bannana:

Could it be true...oh baby, could this be the new MSP?????

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Could it be true...oh baby, could this be the new MSP?????

I doubt it. They batch them. I had mine back in my hands ten days after dropoff (6 months ago), but others in the same time period were taking up to 8 weeks. I'd say luck more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom