• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpbclutch33

Apr 13, 2012
    Harford Co.,MD
    I have a Springfield XD .45 acp and older Mossburg 12-guage. I want a rifle that I can throw a scope on and shoot some .223 rounds. I am leaning towards the Ruger Mini 14. Any pros and Cons on this gun?

Here are the variations i am looking at.

http://www.impactguns.com/ruger-mini-14-223-ss-synthetic-stock-20-rd-mag-5817-736676058174.aspx

http://www.impactguns.com/ruger-mini-14-w-ati-foldingcollapsible-stock-20rd-5846-736676058464.aspx

http://www.impactguns.com/ruger-mini-14-223-ss-black-laminate-30-rd-mag-5858.aspx

mpbclutch33

Apr 13, 2012
    Harford Co.,MD
    Just looking for something a lil different. They seem to be a little cheaper too. Never having purchased a Rifle, is there any hoops or laws against this gun in Maryland?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah i'd definitely consider an AR. tons and tons of models and price points, tons and tons of accessories, tons and tons of aftermarket parts.

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    THERE ARE NO NEGATIVES TO GETTING A MINI-14 :) oh, ok...long range accuracy when the barrel is hot...and I'm talking greater than 100 yards.

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    THERE ARE NO NEGATIVES TO GETTING A MINI-14 :) oh, ok...long range accuracy when the barrel is hot...and I'm talking greater than 100 yards.

They tend to be picky about mags. I used factory 20 & 30 rd ruger magswithout issue but they arent cheap. At least not when i was buying them.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I had a blued ranch rifle when I was a kid and I liked it.
    A few months ago I bought the stainless, shorty tactical and I think it's more accurate than the old one was.
    Factory 20 rounders can be found for $25, on sale. Tapco has released a metal reinforced 30 rounder that seems to be getting good reviews and there less than $20.
    I like the feel of them better than an AR and they eat any 223 or 5.56 ammo they are offered.
    You might want to check CDNN, they seem to have the best Mini prices, for the ones they offer.
    Good luck.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Never said an AR are either. I actually was going to suggest a bolt gun if the OP is looking for a bench rest gun. Im not going the say any are better then the other. Each has its own use/purpose IMHO.

But until he states his intent, its kinda hard to give a better input.
    Very true, my bad. I wasn't thinking about a bolt gun because he was interested in various Mini-14s. And since the the thread seemed to be heading toward the usual AR/Mini debate, I misinterpreted what you meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom