• ...and so much more!
  • wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County
    For a Concealed carry gun. 9mm or 40 cal and why please. Thanks

shovel1966

May 14, 2016
    Springfield, VA
    Although I don't normally carry a 9mm or .40, but I have carried both. I feel that since a majority of law enforcement agencies currently carry the 9mm, with the right ammo it is also suitable for civilian carry. Keep in mind that I ALWAYS also carry a spare magazine for whatever I am carrying just as law enforcement does.

As you know already, you are poking the hornets nest. There is no correct answer and everyone has a different opinion. :D

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I categorically refuse to CCW anything less than a .338 Lapua. The smaller calibers just don't have the one shot stopping knockdown manstopper threat eradicator power.

In all seriousness, OP, a 9mm or .40 caliber what?

The platform is going to be the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important question for CCW purposes than the round is.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    9mm, GLOCK, Ford, Blue, boobs, blonde, yes, less filling, no, 3%, peanut butter, peperoni nips, Colonel Mustard in the Observatory

wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County
    CCW

I categorically refuse to CCW anything less than a .338 Lapua. The smaller calibers just don't have the one shot stopping knockdown manstopper threat eradicator power.

In all seriousness, OP, a 9mm or .40 caliber what?

The platform is going to be the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important question for CCW purposes than the round is.

S&W M&P shield performance center

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'd prefer a 20 gauge revolver, but the ATF stopped Taurus from exporting it to us. That said, I personally carry a small 9mm, because it's small and easy to conceal. It is not pleasant to shoot, but I can shoot it. I've tried bigger and heavier calibers in bigger and heavier firearms, but it discourages me from carrying if I have to have a huge rig just to carry. And I'd rather have a small pistol on me than a big pistol at home. YMMV.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The choices and justification for either are as varied as the number of folks who can respond to your query.

In truth, the jury is out on both and a consensus is not expected anytime soon. The real choice is to be made by the ability of the shooter.

Shoot both, find out which one you shoot better with... Buy that one... practice a lot and feel good about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom