• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Judge Legg declared, the "good and substantial" clause unconstitutional. Again, IANAL, but in my feeble mind, at a minimum, it would mean that the State can not base the acceptance or denial of a permit on that basis. If that is the case, if I were the Judge, I'd hold the AG in "contempt", by declaring that of those permits that have been denied, or are pending, you must process them accordingly, and until the General Assembly changes the law, if they should so desire, the law stands as is. The AG is not trying to uphold the law, he is trying to mandate and create it. That is the job of the Legislative Branch, to create law.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I have cut down the app into 4 pages, and added fillable fields. The Circle "Yes/No" you will still have to do manually, but the typeable stuff SHOULD work.

If you folks have adobe acrobat and can fix it up better than I can, feel free. I'm sorry it took so long. I had a long work days the last week or so.

-Gray

First of all, thank you! This is terrific :thumbsup:

However, any chance the MSP will throw it out since "technically" it is not the exact application that they put out the you fill in manually? Stupid question, but I just wonder if they will look for any reason they can to toss applications?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you use a typewriter (remember those)? to fill it out, it's the same thing isn't it?

It actually is easier to read IMO. I'm gonna use it.

Thanks Gray. Great work.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If you use a typewriter (remember those)? to fill it out, it's the same thing isn't it?

Thanks Gray. Great work.

If you use a typewriter, you'll get a permit restricted to "Steel/Alloy Frame Handgun Only".

No Glock for you.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA

Thanks Gray. Great work.

Whenever I fill out these type of forms, I always scan it as a PDF on the computer, type the info, then print it out. Looks so much nicer than my writing. :innocent0

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I have cut down the app into 4 pages, and added fillable fields. The Circle "Yes/No" you will still have to do manually, but the typeable stuff SHOULD work.

If you folks have adobe acrobat and can fix it up better than I can, feel free. I'm sorry it took so long. I had a long work days the last week or so.

-Gray

Thank you kind sir! :party29::party29::party29:

Application filed out, printed, will be notarized tonight, and fingerprints/pics scheduled for Wednesday...

Jamie

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I notice on page 12, "References", you eliminated the spaces for "Cellular Telephone: ____________" and "Email: _____________".

I like your version better, but will the MSP?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I notice on page 12, "References", you eliminated the spaces for "Cellular Telephone: ____________" and "Email: _____________".

I like your version better, but will the MSP?

Huh?

I'm looking at a printed app I have in front of me, there is no spaces you mention??

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Huh?

I'm looking at a printed app I have in front of me, there is no spaces you mention??

I printed a copy (pages 7, 12, and 13) off the official site a few days ago. That's what I'm looking at.

http://www.msp.maryland.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=T2BCWfpkYTg=&tabid=429&mid=1072

Scroll on down to page 12.

Reference # 1:
    Full name: __________________________________________________________________________
    Residence Address: ___________________________________________________________________
    Name of Employer: ___________________________________________________________________
    Residence Phone: _________________________ Employer’s Phone: ___________________________
    Cellular Telephone: __________________________ Email: __________________________________

I'd hate to get denied because I didn't include someone's email address.

EDITED TO ADD:
    There are two official versions (Welcome to Absurdistan), and this one is better:

http://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=GwfGW-6srGs=&tabid=429&mid=1074

So forget the first one I posted, with its stupid "cellular telephone" field.

Let's try to get this historic thread back on track.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I printed a copy (pages 7, 12, and 13) off the official site a few days ago. That's what I'm looking at.

http://www.msp.maryland.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=T2BCWfpkYTg=&tabid=429&mid=1072

Scroll on down to page 12.

I'd hate to get denied because I didn't include someone's email address.

Well, from the looks of it, 50% of us are using one application, the other 50,... another...

Sweet.

I'm downloading mine directly from the Maryland State Police website, Licensing division.....

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    "The case has been appealed to the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, Va. The State Police is awaiting its decision on this matter or any further direction from the judicial system pending the appeal decision. The Maryland Attorney General's Office has asked for clarification of the court's order in Woollard vs. Brown. Per the Attorney General's Office, the Md. State Police Licensing Division is not making any decisions related solely to the issue of 'good and substantial reason' until the court clarifies its position." - LT Jerry Beason, MDSP Licensing Division

Received today at 1:12 PM

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    "The case has been appealed to the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, Va. The State Police is awaiting its decision on this matter or any further direction from the judicial system pending the appeal decision. The Maryland Attorney General's Office has asked for clarification of the court's order in Woollard vs. Brown. Per the Attorney General's Office, the Md. State Police Licensing Division is not making any decisions related solely to the issue of 'good and substantial reason' until the court clarifies its position." - LT Jerry Beason, MDSP Licensing Division

It has? I haven't seen any filings for the Appeal, just a request to Legg to clarify his ruling and a stay during an appeal to the 4th.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    "The case has been appealed ... the Md. State Police Licensing Division is not making any decisions ... until the court clarifies its position." - LT Jerry Beason, MDSP Licensing Division

Received today at 1:12 PM

Which is just what I would expect. They'll bury their heads in the sand as long as they can.

But no matter what, we'll never go back to March 4, the day before the Legg decision. The debate has changed forever.

And the more applications they try to sit on, the more it strengthens our cause.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom