• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    FNX in 45ACP is 15+1 rounds of ambidextrous bad news for bad guys. The "tactical" model is ~$1000, but the "regular" FNX45 is around the same price as a Glock. No threaded barrel, high profile sights, or machining for a red dot, but otherwise, it's the same. The biggest downside (I have the tactical version) so far is virtually no aftermarket support. I wanted adjustable target sights, but not a single manufacturer makes time.

Gratuitous pic:

2015-07-11%2012.22.42_zpsq8rdvcsc.jpg

FN gets no love from the accessory makers. They make great firearms tho.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Lots of peopl2 "here" considerb'"EDC" to be sJ Frame Irweight & smllaller.

Other peiple I know. Respect carry multiplr full size pistols in real life every day.( Meaning multie full size 1911's.)

I give up. Do what you want to do. I'll do wht hbit nd inckintion direct me. We'll all be happy for the moment.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Damn that lookks like crap. Believe it or not, I was at work & toataaly straight the time, just the sticking keys on crackberry sometimes maker me seen demeted.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Glock 36.

Carrying it today in Free America.

:thumbsup: ... 1 in the chamber and 2 spare mags all loaded up with Federal Guard Dog 165 grain premiums...

- Compact
    - Dependable
    - Reliable
    - As accurate as you are

.45... just one look at the big hole in the barrel is enough to make most folks second guess their ill intentions toward you.

And for those extra days...
    New York Reload = Glock 42 w/ 90 grain Critical Defense...

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    The CW45 or CM45 are also great choices. I carry a CW45 with Trijicon sights, and it's great for a carry 45 (I would have went with the CM45 if it was available when I picked up my CW45, although I think the CW shoots more like a full size 45.)

For comparison (not my pic):

img_6010.jpg

If you swap out the spring and follower, the CW will take a magazine for a Kimber Compact, and it will fit flush (nothing sticking out.) I carry the CW45 with a Kimber mag (6+1), and carry two spare 7 round mags in a Sticky pouch in my weak hand back pocket.

389d5167-aa14-4452-94fb-9378b4468e36_zps73vgo7oz.jpg

I've been thinking about a Kahr CW45 lately. Didn't know about the Kimber mag option - cool!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Well ... I am well known for liking revolver. I also no doubt at times come off as somewhat of an accuraccy snob. Combining the two , one of the points I make in defending the continued and eternal viability of revolvers is their accuracy. I'll say it again , a service grade revolver is twice as accurate as a service grade bottomfeeder.

That said , I'm scrathing my head over a Glock being too inaccurate for defensive/ LE/ combat usage. SxS specifically mentioned a 1990's gun , at that point in time , I'd speculate probably. G17 or G19 . When I had ( and carried ) a mid 1980's G17 , it was both well within my expectations , and suitable for intended purposes. 3in-ish @ 25yd braced , and head area of B27 standing same distance. My current prefered 9mm and .45acp can shrink that by maybe an inch , but I realive that is an affectation, and not strictly nesecary. For any service grade semiauto , wether poly or alloy or steel, 3in is mid-pack , and even 4in will get'er done farther away than 95% of users could shoot well enough to tell.

I get it that some people don't like the feel and balance of a Glock ( or polymer pistols generally ). And striker fired is *different* from revolvers , 1911's , or DA/SA autos. And various people have different degrees of preference. But the usually suspects of polymer pistols are viable. And there are at least as many other viable choices that aren't as popular or famous , of all flavors of operating systems.

I know what the P345 is. When they were realitivly new , I attempted to trade into one, but the deal fell thru. Just as well , as I eventually aquired a P90 that (to me) is more better'er.

Hmmm, I had to reread my previous comment to see if I misspoke. I don't think I did, but maybe need to clarify: I didn't mean to imply the Glock was too inaccurate for defense. I was just commenting that at the time I didn't like the accuracy I was getting from it. However, I failed to consider that a defensive carry type gun didn't need the top accuracy my regular target and range guns were capable of. I will grant my Glock certainly had very acceptable defensive accuracy. Just not what I was used to. Does that make sense?

Can't for the life of me remember the Glock model I had. It was a police trade in bought from Bay Country Guns and had decent tritium sights on it. It was a 9mm and held 17 rounds but can't even remember if it was 16+1 or 17 +1 (although I believe it was the former). It handled, to me...OK. I thought the gun rather ugly, but didn't care too much about the aesthetics at the time. My Clark-Colt 1911 I could shoot around 3" or a bit more offhand at 25 yds for a 7 shot group. (damn, wished I could still shoot that well...can't see the damn sights well enough for that these days) ...but the Glock? I don't remember getting close to that accuracy at 25 yds even off sandbags. To be fair, I had some really good handloads and a fair amount of practice with my 1911 but probably only shot around 3 partial mags (10 rounds each mag, maybe?) of cheap 9mm FMJ through the Glock. I didn't hate it....just didn't like it but also wasn't enamored with other polymer firearms. Sold it probably about a year after buying it.

I was more a revolver guy myself at the time, although I did have a Taurus PT99 AF that would out shoot the Glock I had. But there again, I had far more practice with that Taurus.

I think I can understand what some have said in this discussion about an XD (in my case XDs in .45, and a later acquired XD 9mm Subcompact) being top heavy. My XDs .45 is noticeably more top heavy with the shorter mag that came with it...but not noticeably so with the extended mag. That's not why I like the extended 7 rounder better....I just like the longer grip, but thinking about it, I do think it balances the gun better as well. Haven't shot the 9mm enough to have a solid impression. Time to get it out for some more shooting! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom