• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I qualified today, it was great! I was very surprised at how controllable the Thompson was. I think I did a 18 round burst with my last mag and got them all on target. A far cry from my M10 incoming, but I've got something to aspire to.

-Jim

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Welcome aboard Jamez. The Thompson's are nice! My favorite is the 1928. How far out are you on the M10? I might have one or two that you can try until you get approved.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    How far out are you on the M10? I might have one or two that you can try until you get approved.

Farther than I care to think about:rolleyes: It's a couple months in on the Form 3 to Sure Shot, which means I'll do the form 4 in a couple more months. I think I'll be lucky to have it before 2015. Oh well, it gives me time to save for the SABRE.

I look forward to shooting with you all!

-Jim

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Glad you guys all made it out!

Yes the Thompson is a great gun! I like the 1928 with the vertical front grip. Its one of the very few times were I like the commercial version more than the standard military version. Of course the 1921 is pretty much the same and is the military version.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Because you can pretend you're in a gangster movie? :)

Sure... but I also like the "original" version a lot of time. For example I like the 1918 BAR with no Bipod... I like the WWI 1911 more than the refined WWII 1911A1. I don't know, just has the old world craftsmanship and feel. I have enough streamlined Industrial designs.

That plus I won a Tommy gun competition with the 1928. Pat's wife's gun to be exact! 7 Yards, 20rds, one trigger pull... 20 or 20 in a 8.5x11 sheet of paper! There were three competitions that day with an overall award. I came in second overall but would have taken first for sure but lost out on the long distance shooting as the sights were not dialed in for 50 yard shooting.

I like the feel too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom