• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is America Prepare for another Large Scale Attack?

• YES, Homeland Security is doing a great job

Votes: 3 1.4%
    • Right now I'd say 50/50

Votes: 52 23.4%
    • No, we have a long way to go.

Votes: 167 75.2%

• Total voters

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    No, we are not prepared. I don't blame the Executive or Legislative branches of our Government either. The bottom line blame rests with the common citizen. Walk through a mall. Go to a large restaurant. Go to a large sporting event. Go to church. Hell, walk down the street. Most of these robots are lucky they don't get hit by cars. The average person is situationally unaware and wrapped up in their own little cocoon of self-absorbed materialism.

We've been at war for 13 YEARS!!! Less than 1% of the population has served and people are tired of the war? Give me a freaking break. This will not stop until the pain level is cranked up high enough to snap people out of this BS malaise they are in. The sad part is we could have ended it years ago if this Country had the intestinal fortitude to do what is necessary. I don't see it happening anytime soon for the same reason that we have an absolutely unqualified and inexperienced buffoon running the show- it has become all about what America can do for me, not what I can do for America. Boston Strong my azz. I have a different definition of strong.

You also miscalculate the way our enemy fights and the way we fight the enemy. Simply, we need to stop fighting fair in order to stop the enemy. Clandestine shit isn't working either.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We should guard against being overly prepared.

To be too prepared may mean losing our freedom.

I'd rather see one of my family members eat a terrorist bullet than see America on a permanent lock-down.

And I told my family members that very thing.

Stuff happens in a free society.

I'll bet your family Thanksgiving Dinner will have an extra sparkle this year.

I'm bringing the sweet potato dish with marshmallow topping by the the way.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    You also miscalculate the way our enemy fights and the way we fight the enemy. Simply, we need to stop fighting fair in order to stop the enemy. Clandestine shit isn't working either.

Where did I say anything about how the enemy fights? I answered both parts of Noel's question. The real problem is that the majority of Americans have been disconnected from the War on Terror, and are absolutely unprepared to deal with it here. There are lots of contributing factors. The border; political correctness; crooked politicians; etc.. All of those problems exist because the average citizen has his or her head in the sand. As far as war goes, it should never be a fair fight.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    See how a couple of word changes turns you into a Moms Demand Action follower? If you don't support all our rights than you have no place in our movement.

And no, we are not prepared for another attack. If we are attacked, our first responders are going to be the idiot police force who have foolishly been giving actual military equipment without military training. Just what we need, a bunch of morons running around with big boy toys thinking they are soldiers just because they put on a costume.

My comment was a hypothetical and was only mentioned as a way to help deter a known terrorist. If you have or are accessing sites to learn how to build bombs to target Americans,then you don't have any rights. The Patriot Act is far more than what I said. There are a ton of people that supported the Patriot Act, not me. Did you? I don't want to loose any of my rights thats why I don't break the law. I served 4 years during Vietnam war fighting for this countries rights. 50, 000 Americans died protecting them and it only took 3, 000 to wipe some of them away.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    IS THE US PREPARED FOR ANOTHER LARGE SCALE TERRORIST ATTACK???

This is a 2 part question....

This is a 2-part reply:

1) If you have to ask . . .!

2) See 'Israel'

Now, here's a bet: In 20 years or less, the U.S. is either going to be more like Israel . . . OR . . . France and the rest of Europe.

The "fork in the road" is the axis represented by x (= "when the money for bureaucratic solutions finally, really does run out"); and, y (= election results or shenanigans, depending upon where you vote).

Plan and teach your kids and grandkids accordingly, I say.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    There is no need for our enemies to conduct a large scale terrorist attack. Their success is measured by the response to the 9/11 attacks. They never intended to gain a military victory over us. They goal was to have the U.S. respond in the manner it did. Spending massive amounts of money, devastating the economy and people willing to surrender freedoms in hopes of being more secure. The enemy succeeded beyond their wildest dreams! :sad20:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'll bet your family Thanksgiving Dinner will have an extra sparkle this year.

I'm bringing the sweet potato dish with marshmallow topping by the the way.

My sister thinks the government should provide her with a daily supply of bubble wrap and an army division to keep her hide safe and sound.

My 14 year old niece understood what I meant and agreed with me.

I hope there's more out there like her.

And sweet taters and marshes are good eat'in.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    There is no need for our enemies to conduct a large scale terrorist attack. Their success is measured by the response to the 9/11 attacks. They never intended to gain a military victory over us. They goal was to have the U.S. respond in the manner it did. Spending massive amounts of money, devastating the economy and people willing to surrender freedoms in hopes of being more secure. The enemy succeeded beyond their wildest dreams! :sad20:

^^^YUP^^^

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    What is America doing wrong? It's doing nothing right.

Not actively addressing the porous borders which allows terrorists and diseases easy entrance; lack of honesty at multiple levels on multiple issues leading to overall mistrust; indecisiveness on a national and international level giving the appearance of weakness. All of which is a recipe for disaster.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    No we are not ready. Our population would look like the Iraqi's now. There is no will to fight among the masses here. There would be small pockets of resistance to invaders. There would be looting and organized mobs taking what they want during any catastrophic event. agricultural land and potable water would become today's gold. Self sufficiency would prevail. I'm hoping this will never happen but I remain prepared.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I am ready. My family is ready. My state and federal governments are not, because the next attack will either be something no one in authority has thought about, or something so bad that they haven't even begun to plan for it because it's such a hard and expensive thing to do. Think nuclear blast 300 miles over Kansas City launched from an offshore freighter - the EMP will take down the grid for many years. Of course the sun could do this to us as well.....

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    No, but we will be. About 2 years after it happens.

The good news....folks like us will lead the way. We will build citizens.. we will build militias..

Our returning veterans will lead us and train us. Its already starting..

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And rut this on top of the pile of "Hide Under the Bed" advice:

U.S. Military ordered to hide identities, change routines to avoid Islamist attacks
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/29/pentagon-issues-islamic-state-warning-to-staff-rem/

The Pentagon Force Protection Agency, citing intelligence reports, says the attackers may use knives, guns or explosives.

The last time they sent out one of these was when they wanted more $$$ to relocate the Metro subway entrance from inside the Pen (but outside the main part of the building proper; where the inside escalators are now) to away from the building. Pure FUD. Hucksters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom