• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I am going to put three in this month to so I can get them this year. Its crazy, the ATF has not replaced the examiners they lost due to money yet, they are making a record amount from these forms.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Just completed my trust today. I'm going to set up the bank account tomorrow and send out the form for my YHM suppressor this week. Do i still need to attach a photo to each form 4? I know I don't need the CLEO sign off or the finger print cards.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Its crazy, the ATF has not replaced the examiners they lost due to money yet, they are making a record amount from these forms.
    Transfer/SOT fees go into the general fund; they are not allocated for the ATF's budget.

FAET (Pittman-Robertson excise taxes) are allocated; IIRC they go to the FWS.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I'm curious, how does that work?

Not sure. I was told, by a lawyer on here and AR15, as long as I had something on my trust when created it would be fine. I had an old pistol that I put on it with the serial number.

Seems to do the trick, BATFE accepted my Trust for an SBR.

Dave

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    You don't need anything on your assignment sheet to start a trust. In fact, its best to keep only NFA items in the trust. This is from my recollection of the conversation with Mr. Goldman of Guntrustlawyer.com

Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    SBR & 3 cans
    Approved!!!!!!!!! 02-02-12
    Stamps recieved 02-08-12
    Only one thing though..... Only 2 of the 3 stamps showed up today.

Where the other stamp?

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I just watched a video of an interview with the American Silencer Association and Josh Waldron, president of Silencerco. They recently met with the ATF NFA branch and were told that there is currently a 24,000 Form4 backlog. That's equal to all of the Form4's processed in 2007. Looks like the waits are gonna get even worse.

Link to interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlBEW962-nQ

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    SBR & 3 cans
    Approved!!!!!!!!! 02-02-12
    Stamps recieved 02-08-12
    Only one thing though..... Only 2 of the 3 stamps showed up today.

Where the other stamp?

Congratulations!

Hopefully the other stamp is just a day or so behind. I had one stamp that was "lost" after being mailed from BATFE. Unfortunately you have to wait for 30 days for it to be officially lost. After 30 days, you can request a duplicate of your Form 4. Same thing happened at that time with a stamp for Mayor Quimby. Andy at Engage took care of the problem for both of us. The duplicate took about 2-3 weeks. Then the original stamp showed up about 6 weeks later.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Isn't an SBR and 3 cans equal 4 stamps?

If 2 stamps arrived, arn't you missing 2 stamps?

Someone was paying attention in math class...... I'm suprised no one noticed it before you, including myself.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Just talked to atf...sbr on a form 4 trust was pending September 7 and approved February 7. Guess ill have the stamps next week some time. 5 months exactly. What a wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom