Woodbine

Attachments

• silver-bullets-upright.jpg
      silver-bullets-upright.jpg
      13.5 KB · Views: 488

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Nice....I already have plenty of Hornady Zombie Max for the Zombie Apocalypse.

Now I can stock up on these just in case there's a Werewolf Apocalypse.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    For werewolves, I recommend buying silver shot on e-bay, cracking open a couple of .410 shells, replacing the lead shot with silver shot, cover with an over card, and load up the Judge. If you are into such things, that is :-)

If I was worried about werewolves, I would see about electroplating buckshot with silver. I would get a larger quantity of more effective loads per ounce of silver that way. :cool:

dakota

USMC
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2012
    Washington County
    The Coin Exchange in Frederick actually had some in stock. I bought some a while back for gifts this holiday season for some friends.

I can't remembered what I paid for them, it wasn't the only thing purchased. I feel it was on the upper end of that price range, but they are 1oz.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its cool, not sure I wouldnt rather have a Morgan at $30/oz than one of these at $26/oz

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    Aren't Morgan's only .77 ounces of silver?

Correct, Morgan's have ~.77 ounces of silver, so a Morgan at $30 would be paying $38.96 an ounce if you were just after silver bullion. Unlike the 'silver bullets', a Morgan has more history (if such is your interest) and also a numismatic (coin collector) value. The value of the 'silver bullet' will fluctuate directly proportional to the silver price. The value of the Morgan will not go below a certain point even if the silver price crashes since coin collectors will be willing to buy at the value of it as a collector's item.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Correct, Morgan's have ~.77 ounces of silver, so a Morgan at $30 would be paying $38.96 an ounce if you were just after silver bullion. Unlike the 'silver bullets', a Morgan has more history (if such is your interest) and also a numismatic (coin collector) value. The value of the 'silver bullet' will fluctuate directly proportional to the silver price. The value of the Morgan will not go below a certain point even if the silver price crashes since coin collectors will be willing to buy at the value of it as a collector's item.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I think the thing that confuses people is that Morgans are 90% silver, but that only translates to .77 actual ounces of silver. For awhile I was on a American Silver Eagle kick, and I'd like to get a monster box if the spot prices drops to the $15/oz range.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    The 90% silver to 10% copper makes the Morgans a good bit harder, so they wear down slower. Just about all gold or silver coins had other metals mixed in to harden the alloy. Bullion coins like silver eagles are 100% silver because they are not intended for use in commerce, so they do not need to withstand as much wear and tear.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    The 90% silver to 10% copper makes the Morgans a good bit harder, so they wear down slower. Just about all gold or silver coins had other metals mixed in to harden the alloy. Bullion coins like silver eagles are 100% silver because they are not intended for use in commerce, so they do not need to withstand as much wear and tear.

That's right. Old Morgans and Peace dollars carry a higher premium because they are actual old currency and recognized everywhere. Also U.S. Mint-issued silver eagles carry a premium over generic silver because it has a dollar denomination. So generic .999 silver is the "cheapest" silver per ounce.

I have a friend who has carried a 100% silver eagle in his pocket for about a year. The thing looks like it's 100 years old. Pure silver is soft and wears down fast.

For the silver bullets, the ones NWTM sells are, I think, a better deal. Plus I really like the 10 round box.

45acp6-large.jpg

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    That's right. Old Morgans and Peace dollars carry a higher premium because they are actual old currency and recognized everywhere. Also U.S. Mint-issued silver eagles carry a premium over generic silver because it has a dollar denomination. So generic .999 silver is the "cheapest" silver per ounce.

I have a friend who has carried a 100% silver eagle in his pocket for about a year. The thing looks like it's 100 years old. Pure silver is soft and wears down fast.

For the silver bullets, the ones NWTM sells are, I think, a better deal. Plus I really like the 10 round box.

45acp6-large.jpg

whew, 10 to a box, so they're MD legal!!

I picked one up as a novelty at the Frederick Coin Exchange a couple months ago when buying some regular bullion.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    whew, 10 to a box, so they're MD legal!!

I picked one up as a novelty at the Frederick Coin Exchange a couple months ago when buying some regular bullion.

Frederick Coin Exchange is where I get my metals. I like to get a 20 coin treasury tube of silver eagles every year. Is that dog still there? I haven't been there in almost a year.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If I was worried about werewolves, I would see about electroplating buckshot with silver. I would get a larger quantity of more effective loads per ounce of silver that way. :cool:

Pfft, everyone knows that only solid silver projectiles can kill werewolves, with 3% antimony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom