• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Hvac for 14 years. I have goodman at my house, 4 years no problems what so ever. I'd take goodman over trane and carrier any day and that's what we mainly sell/service.

I replaced a Trane with a Goodman (15 seer matched set / AC only). My unit was original from 1992, new one saved us probably $70 a month all summer long, runs about the same amount of time but quieter and cooler.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Daikin just acquired Goodman Manufacturing. So having the expertise of largest HVAC/R manufacture in the world involved should bring big improvements to the line.

I've been to the Dakin manufacturing plant, yes it has.

Some incredible things are coming to the hvac industry here in the states.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    I've been to the Dakin manufacturing plant, yes it has.

Some incredible things are coming to the hvac industry here in the states.

Have you seen the new VAV zoning kit for their VRV/VRF system? Looks very interesting.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Have you seen the new VAV zoning kit for their VRV/VRF system? Looks very interesting.

Its about time for stuff like this. Carrier tried something like this 20 years ago, but the technology wasn't really there.

Like the mini split stuff, that stuff will probably sell in Europe and Russia before it comes here.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Can't wait for the new stuff.

OP, I had a Carrier that was 16 years old when I replaced it with two Trane units 7 years ago. a 2.5T for the upstairs 3.5 for the downstairs. My HVAC guy purchased the units at his price and I helped him install them. I think I paid about $6800 all in.
    Anyway, my point is that he was a commercial Facilities engineer for a hospital system. He knows his stuff at least on the commercial side of things. He did side work for 20 years.

When it came to putting this stuff in he did not do the calculations to figure on new ductwork to right size the equipment for the size of the house etc...and I didn't know any better. We just pulled one out put two in and sealed off the trunk line that splits the 1st and 2nd levels. My electric bills are not something I look forward to. Also, one of the Trane units (the larger) has had a compressor replaced and a heat pack replaced and several other more minor problems. The other has been perfect. I know you aren't looking at Trane and that is a good thing, in my opinion.
    Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom