• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Google is awesome. I am a bit old-school and never remember that it is there. Thanks for the laugh.

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    Just a little update. Emailed the Corporal the other day, he needed my information again, I replied yesterday afternoon and this morning I got an email saying I was approved as a collector.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I have found the Application online thanks to Dave MP. I have filled it out and I am going to have it notarized today. The Notary Public is on the way to my house now. I’ll keep you advised of how long it takes from here.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    IIRC, the Cpl. said that he processes applications during the first week of the month, so I would say that it would be safe to contact him next week to confirm your status.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Nothing is in the COMAR, for the MSP to know. The MSP needs to follow the rules, just like the rest of us ;)

There is something going on with the AGC, to get the MSP in compliance.

every thread that has 'police' in it somewhere, you WILL find a way, to imply negativity about them. but i still love you :)

powder in the air

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
    Jun 18, 2011
    smithsburg
    So I filled out my paperwork on Saturday at downsville gun shop and I have only purchased one regulated gun in my name so was it a waist of ink and the cost of notarized or should I get approved
    If some one could post an answer or pm me that be great
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    no powder it's totally worth it and to those who are bitching about the wait time relax.......the Cpl. is a great dude doing the best he can with what he has. How many applications do you think he has and it's not like he has an army of a staff. He will get it taken care of.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    every thread that has 'police' in it somewhere, you WILL find a way, to imply negativity about them. but i still love you :)

It's not negative, it's the truth. Big difference!

It wasn't until the AGC threatened to sue them, that the MSP looked at their own published regulations, and agreed to follow the rules.

How else are defiencies identified and corrected? The law is supposed to work for everyone, right?

edit: You definitely will not like people's comments after Maryland is shall issue. Plently of civil rights lawsuits will flare up. ;)

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I emailed him last night. He responded today. My status is "not disapproved". He said that the letters will be mailed out when time allows.

For the record: I was only documenting the time it took as noted in my first post in this thread. I have never posted anything negative about the wait time or the MSP.

jashu360

Jun 7, 2011
    Darlington
    trying to fill out this form now but i dont understand the line for nature of collecting activities. could someone who has completed this please explain it to me

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    trying to fill out this form now but i dont understand the line for nature of collecting activities. could someone who has completed this please explain it to me
    You're filling in a form that states you're a collector. They're asking what you collect. I don't think the answer really matters, but others can chime in on that.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    powder in the air said:
    So I filled out my paperwork on Saturday at downsville gun shop and I have only purchased one regulated gun in my name so was it a waist of ink and the cost of notarized or should I get approved
    If some one could post an answer or pm me that be great
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Email him about 2 weeks after you submit it and he will pull it to the side and approve you next time you make a regulated
    Purchase that's what he did with mine. Very nice to deal with and always responded to emails very quickly with helpful information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom