• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    Do you want to continue to have quality gunshows in MD? If you do, please support Frank the owner of Silverado Gunshows. He works very hard to maintain quality shows at Frederick and Howard County. Here is a Special Coupon to get you $2.00 Off Admission. This makes your Admission $8.00 with coupon. PLEASE Please show your support by coming to the upcoming show at the Frederick Fairgrounds Nov 8 and 9. This Show has had a Large Reduction in Attendance due to the misconception that Black Rifles are not available here. MD Compliant models can be found from Several Reputable dealers here. Pistols are available too. I know there are no large Cap Mags, but there are a lot of other stuff available at fair prices. You won't see the high prices and the Snotty attitude of VA shows here.

And the food is the best you can get at any gunshow, Period!

Again I can't stress enough, This show needs more attendance in order to stay viable. Please show your support. Don't let MD State Win! Show MD State that MD Shooters Care and will Fight to Keep their Rights and the ability to buy Firearms and Ammo.

Mark Hostetter
    Precision Firearms

Silverado Coupon.jpg

Last edited:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Mark,
    I think we all appreciate your proactive stance in this. I for one have spent myself out at the York show.
    I would really like to see a refreshing md show with some different gun stuff with reasonable pricing.
    With The exception of a few vendors such as yourself, it seems like the same old stuff.

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    I too miss the Upper Marlboro Show. Anti Gun PG Stopped that one.

I am reaching out get folks to come here even if they don't plan on spending. Just come as a show of solidarity.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Do you want to continue to have quality gunshows in MD? If you do, please support Frank the owner of Silverado Gunshows. He works very hard to maintain quality shows at Frederick and Howard County. Here is a Special Coupon to get you $2.00 Off Admission. This makes your Admission $8.00 with coupon. PLEASE Please show your support by coming to the upcoming show at the Frederick Fairgrounds Nov 8 and 9. This Show has had a Large Reduction in Attendance due to the misconception that Black Rifles are not available here. MD Compliant models can be found from Several Reputable dealers here. Pistols are available too. I know there are no large Cap Mags, but there are a lot of other stuff available at fair prices. You won't see the high prices and the Snotty attitude of VA shows here.

And the food is the best you can get at any gunshow, Period!

Again I can't stress enough, This show needs more attendance in order to stay viable. Please show your support. Don't let MD State Win! Show MD State that MD Shooters Care and will Fight to Keep their Rights and the ability to buy Firearms and Ammo.

Mark Hostetter
    Precision Firearms

View attachment 134335

:thumbsup::party29:

Shooters Discount will be there.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I don't know about everyone else but I prefer Silverado gun shows meself. And I like Mark too he gives good hugs.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I always go to the Frederick and Howard County Silverado shows, they are the closest ones to Frederick and don't seem to have as many junk dealers as most of the other shows. I remember when he used to do a few more around here, like Westminster and Monkey county fairgrounds.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Granted new gun laws have had an impact on gun shows but the folks running the shows also have to share in the blame for reduced turnout.

Tickets for the Nov 2012 Frederick show were $8. Come the Nov 2013 show and the price was jacked up 25% to $10. I'm sure there are a lot of folks like me that will spend 8 bucks for the entertainment but not 10.

Instead of raising it 25% he should have reduced it 25%.....

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Granted new gun laws have had an impact on gun shows but the folks running the shows also have to share in the blame for reduced turnout.

Tickets for the Nov 2012 Frederick show were $8. Come the Nov 2013 show and the price was jacked up 25% to $10. I'm sure there are a lot of folks like me that will spend 8 bucks for the entertainment but not 10.

They gave out 25% off vouchers for beef jerky. ;)

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

Yes, the show is $9 now, but he is giving $1 to MSI I belive.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

I get what you're saying believe me.

But the extra $2 is NOT going to Frank. It is going to the MLFDA (Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealer Association) to help pay for the lawsuit against the Freedom Suppression Act of 2013.

Not a penny goes to Frank. I've seen him make out the check with my own eyes.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I get what you're saying believe me.

But the extra $2 is NOT going to Frank. It is going to the MLFDA (Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealer Association) to help pay for the lawsuit against the Freedom Suppression Act of 2013.

Not a penny goes to Frank. I've seen him make out the check with my own eyes.

I stand corrected, but we should support his efforts and shows.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Even at $10, I would go to most any show that I can make it to. Hell, I waste more than that for far less entertainment.

I think what makes people decide not to go is that after paying the entrance fee, they know they will face the prospect of overpriced ammo or limited reloading supplies or ______ (add your issue here).
    Again, it doesn't bother me, because there is always something to buy or the possibility of finding something interesting.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I too miss the Upper Marlboro Show. Anti Gun PG Stopped that one.

I am reaching out get folks to come here even if they don't plan on spending. Just come as a show of solidarity.
    I enjoyed that show a lot when they had it there, although I only went 3 or 4 times since 2008 when I started shooting out here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom