• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldMike-47

Sep 23, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Can any one refer me to a lawyer who can help me prepare an NFA trust for some SBR's I want to build? Do I need a lawyer to prepare and submit a trust?

BAGGERZ13

Feb 14, 2013
    Im not even sure you can build an SBR anymore. It kind of seems like a grey area right now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

BAGGERZ13

Feb 14, 2013
    You can, so long as you have your receivers before October 1. I have three AK receivers and an AR receiver already registered.

Im not questioning your knowledge of whats going on with Form 1s but can you post a link for some sort of verification on that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

anderson76

Feb 16, 2013
    OP,

Effective October 1, 2013 § 4-303 of the Criminal Article places restriction on whatever meets the definition of Assault Weapon:

Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a person may not:
    (1) transport an assault weapon into the State; or
    (2) possess, sell, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, or receive an assault weapon.

Section 4-303(b)(3) contains the grandfathering provision:

A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault long gun or a copycat weapon before October 1, 2013, may:
    (i) possess and transport the assault long gun or copycat weapon; or . . .

(Elsewhere in the Code, the term Assault Weapon is defined to include Assault Long Gun and Copycat Weapon)

It stands to reason that if you had a “grandfathered” Assault Weapon prior to Oct 1st and you SBR it after Oct 1st then you still have a grandfathered Assault Weapon (just a little shorter and way more badass). I have not seen anyone put forth a compelling reason to the contrary.

However, much conflict information has been coming out of the MSP as of late. Ask yourself this question: Do I want to engage in and undertaking that the MSP might consider as a violation on § 4-303?

Furthermore, placing these items into trust raises additional issues. You can find some of my ramblings on the subject here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=134730

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom