• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Your Wrong buddy... had a more serious charge. And brought a regulated handgun, I also have it written from a trooper at the MD licensing division
    see my thread months ago

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79929

No Im not, I can show you a stack of people disapproved for these exact things(I wont show you names). Be Mr internet lawyer all you want dosent change the fact that people are denied for these things all of the time.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    No Im not, I can show you a stack of people disapproved for these exact things(I wont show you names). Be Mr internet lawyer all you want dosent change the fact that people are denied for these things all of the time.

Ummmmmmm... Well from PERSONAL experience and not from OTHER people experience im telling you, your wrong.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The honest question is did the FFL refuse to submit the form or did MSP mark him as DQ'd.

It sounds like the FFL is not wanting to submit the form...if he found a FFL to submit it he likely will be able to buy the weapon. Since he's in fact not prohibited under any law I'm aware of based off of his post.

The FFL likely doesnt want to deal with a criminal or doesnt want to sell a gun that you MIGHT not be able to buy....although you legally can. They might not want to deal with it.

It's likely not MSP telling you anything at all.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I've seen atleast one FFL who has it clearly posted "If you ever been arrested you have no business here".

Some just dont want to deal with criminals or the headache of finding out you are DQ'd later and then figuring out what to do with the gun.

scottp999

Feb 11, 2008
    The last form I filled out was in 2008. Reading the questions now, there is nothing that should be answered yes to in regard to arrests or convictions when it comes to a PBJ (technically not a conviction with successful completion of probation), or even a first conviction, for a possession of paraphenalia first offense. If an FFL does not want to sell because he knows your personal business, that would not disqualify you by the form, then I guess that is up to the FFL.

You really need to explain why you feel you should say yes to any of the questions on the form regarding arrests or convictions, I just don't see the reason by the information you provided.

From what I have read a first possession of paraphenalia is punishable as a misdemeanor with only a fine.

Do your own research and ask an attorney or the police.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    ATF-FORM-4473-pg1bg.gif

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Also, I believe expunging is only for the public to not be able to see it, the court and police can still see it of course. It seems like if it's been 3 years, its' pretty easy to get expunged, just fill out a form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom