• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Thanks for the link. Looks like they also have complete Colt Sporter lowers for 200. So for 529 plus tax and txfr you have a nice HBAR. Hmmmm...........

Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    Thanks for the link. Looks like they also have complete Colt Sporter lowers for 200. So for 529 plus tax and txfr you have a nice HBAR. Hmmmm...........

My pleasure.

Sorry to say, they may not ship the lower to MD due to the following disclaimer reflected under the lower.

No firearm purchases available for sale in CA, CT, MA, MD, NJ, NY. No exceptions.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Their description has me nervous that they may be beat to hell. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    One tends to always take on a little more risk when buying used stuff, sight unseen. I don't make this a habit, but felt if I didn't pull the trigger now, I would regret it down the road. If the exterior is a beat It won't matter for what I'm going to use this for. These uppers were fabricated pretty tuff. The hope is the barrel wont be shoot out, good chamber and fits reasonable well to the 50.00 lower. Not looking for pretty. I've always wanted some what of beater type rifle.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    One tends to always take on a little more risk when buying used stuff, sight unseen. I don't make this a habit, but felt if I didn't pull the trigger now, I would regret it down the road. If the exterior is a beat It won't matter for what I'm going to use this for. These uppers were fabricated pretty tuff. The hope is the barrel wont be shoot out, good chamber and fits reasonable well to the 50.00 lower. Not looking for pretty. I've always wanted some what of beater type rifle.

You'll probably get a good one. Odds are it is either ex-PD and thus likely a rack queen, or an ex-nuke plant gun and thus likely a climate controlled well-maintained rack queen. Might not be pretty on the outside but I bet you'll find the barrel close to new.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    New Finish

You could get that whole thing Cerekoted, or buy a Duracoat DIY kit, or, for the cheapest way, get some cans of spray paint and practice first Krylon...:D

Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    You could get that whole thing Cerekoted, or buy a Duracoat DIY kit, or, for the cheapest way, get some cans of spray paint and practice first Krylon...:D

Yes, may consider doing this later down the road. For now I'll just admire it for what it is.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I think this was a score. I bought a grade C and it arrived today. Did anyone else get one?
    colt_hbar1.jpg

colt_hbar238.jpg

Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    I received the 2 grade B uppers today. There is a little cosmetic wear and scratches mostly located around the carry handel. Chamber, BCG, barrel, look okay. Hope to get them out this week and see how they fair. Appear to have brand new handguards.

Last edited:

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I think the flash makes my photo's look better then the upper appears is in reality. It's pretty scratched up around the carry handle. The bore looks good however. The BCG shows some wear but not too much. Mine was shot a fair ammount, but is far from worn out.

This was my first purchase from Surplus Ammo. They get a thumbs up! They included a bunch of Zombie targets and some other goodies in the box, a nice gesture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom