Any IP's have interest in a purchase of a private collection?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Yellow Sled...so sorry man. Couldn't have been an easy decision. Glad you've come to terms with your situation. Wish sincerely I could do something to help.

I am confident that whomever gets their hands on your collection will be very happy they did. I only wish I had a chance to just see some of it.

Anyhow, all the best to you as you navigate what's ahead of you.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Good luck man hope your situation gets better this is most certainly a bad time of year. I know no man wants to sell his collection.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Thank you for all the PM's. I have promised the list to one person first and he now has it. If we can come to terms, he will get everything.

I will return all PM's ASAP, thanks!

-YS

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Yellowsled, I am sorry that you are dealing with this. From what I know of you from here, I think you are a lot like me. You enjoy the hunt, more than the kill. If that is the case, this can be seen as a good thing. Sort of.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I would do much better, but with so many I rather just do one large collection sale. If I cant sell them in one deal, I may post them up here for sale.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I would do much better, but with so many I rather just do one large collection sale. If I cant sell them in one deal, I may post them up here for sale.

If you're in such a position that you need to sell the collection to make ends meet, why in the world would you take a huge hit in the amount of money you're trying to get out of it? Selling stuff on Gunbroker is super easy. The only PIA can be finding packaging. UPS makes shipping painless.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Selling 140+ guns individually does not sound like a ton of fun to me. There's doing the deal (how many fall through), managing payments packaging, shipping, tracking, and dealing with idiots who don't understand what they bought. I think it's doable, but I can understand the desire to take a slight hit to make the work go away.

That said, I agree with the general premise that you are going to take a huge hit on selling it to a dealer as a single collection. I mean, hell, I could offer you 35 cents on the dollar. :-P

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have a cousin that once had to sell his entire HK collection. Bought a house and couldn't sell his other home fast enough and he was at risk of losing both. Killed him to do it but sacrifices must be made.

Yellowsled, sorry to hear of your plight. If it comes to you parting out your collection I'd love to see if I can help you out

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    if you sell one or two a week that would be like getting a paycheck each week. maybe once you get a better paying job you could stop selling. on the other hand if you need a lump sum to pay off some large bill, you would be better off selling them all at once.

its comes down to time. how much time you have before the bills start stacking up

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    My contract ends Jan10th. "Lack of work" letter will prolly come the following Monday and I figure that I have 3 more weeks on payroll after that

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    Man sorry to see anyone go through something like this, I hate to part with one and couldn't imagine letting them all go. Didn't you just get a motorhome too? Hope you recover quickly and get to keep them. Good luck

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Yea, we did just get that. Thankfully payments on that are under $250 a month. We are working to sell my wife's truck and my guns. That should give is enough to cover all expenses for quite a while. Most likely I will use my parents excursion (as it does not get used much) in place of my wife's truck to shuttle kids

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    I'm sorry about whatever situation you are in, and I don't have to know you personally to say that to another person going through something I've been through.

I know you want to sell all of them in one complete package.... However, as others have already mentioned.... I'm sure if you put up a small list here.... Some of us, including myself, could help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom