Any IP's have interest in a purchase of a private collection?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Due to my job situation , I am seriously considering selling off my personal collection(95% of it) in one lot. Even if I do get another position, I think I will be taking a decent paycut so I feel the need to prepare.

I am working on getting a spreadsheet together, but it consists of about 140+/- guns with a retail value of about $48-$50k. (this is not what I would be expecting)

I want to sell it in one lot, would there be any interest in such a collection?

At this time I dont want to do consignment, I would rather just do a sale.

Thanks
    -YS

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Oh, Wow, Sorry to hear this. Hope it all works out for you yellowsled.
    btw, that must be the original prototype Mosin your selling in the classified :-)

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Sled, I'm very sorry to hear that you need to do this & hope that things take a turn for the better.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Bummer, really sad to hear :(

Sadly this kind of thing comes up all the time with outboard motor collections. The only way a dealer can take a collection that big is to buy it at a price that would sell like hotcakes individually.

If you need the money, sell it individually and put a lot more in your pocket ... which would make sense if you need the money.

The only reason to take 15¢ 20¢ on the dollar would be a nasty time constraint.

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010
    Sorry to hear. I'm sure you can reach out to the IPs. I have seen posts where Engage Armament and I think A1 and Duffys have mentioned buying collections in the past. Best of luck to you on your sale.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Not gonna turn this into a bidding war between the IP's out of respect for all parties.

One will be looking over the list in the next day or so and if we cant come to terms, I will offer it to the next IP/or person interested.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Damn man. I'm sorry to hear about this. I've been there before (not a collection but individual guns) and it's not fun. I wish you the best and here's to a prosperous 2014.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    These guys are ready to deal:

pawn-stars.jpg

Sorry to hear of your recent troubles.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Online C&R retailers are weeping.

Seriously though I hope everything works out. I have enjoyed your purchase posts. I'm sure the 5% you keep is spectacular stuff.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    sucks to hear that.... but taking care of family and responsibilities is much more important. would love to see that list so I could drool and wish I could buy it.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Sorry to hear about your job,I did a downsize twice,first was when my wife went thru cancer treatment then when I started my buisiness,I asked several dealers at that time,expecting to take less but when they talk about 20-30 cents on the dollar because of how many guns involved,I just had a couple of sales at my place,did a lot of transfers at msp and a good dealer that always treated me well and was great with my consignments while my wife was going thru treatments,I never forgot him and when things turned around for me he got a majority of my buisiness,its tough going thru this I wish you luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom