• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    ak-builder (kits, flats, barrels, rivets, etc.)
    gunbroker
    ar15.com EE
    apex gun parts (barrels--new-manufacture romanian barrels are the cat's ass, and since they weren't designated "military" barrels, they're importable, even though they're produced right alongside the "real military" barrels...just pulled off the line before being christened as such)
    nodakspud (complete receivers that are fantastic, and given the new 8th-day-release, will still arrive in time for the build party if you order soon)
    brownells has g2 FCG's.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    ak-builder (kits, flats, barrels, rivets, etc.)
    gunbroker
    ar15.com EE
    apex gun parts (barrels--new-manufacture romanian barrels are the cat's ass, and since they weren't designated "military" barrels, they're importable, even though they're produced right alongside the "real military" barrels...just pulled off the line before being christened as such)
    nodakspud (complete receivers that are fantastic, and given the new 8th-day-release, will still arrive in time for the build party if you order soon)
    brownells has g2 FCG's.

don't forget http://ak-builder.com

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Whatacountry.com has some Polish UFs left. The one I got from them is nice. They even gave me a Hungarian 20rd tanker mag, since I can't have the evil Polish 30rd.

Atlantic firearms had some Maadi kits the other day. Both crutch folder and fixed stock.

Make sure whatever you get, DO NOT buy a milled kit. The milled kits are cheap because they must be built on milled receivers, not stamped ones.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Whatacountry.com has some Polish UFs left. The one I got from them is nice. They even gave me a Hungarian 20rd tanker mag, since I can't have the evil Polish 30rd.

Atlantic firearms had some Maadi kits the other day. Both crutch folder and fixed stock.

Make sure whatever you get, DO NOT buy a milled kit. The milled kits are cheap because they must be built on milled receivers, not stamped ones.

well...they *CAN* be built on stamped receivers....but there's a great deal more work involved than a stamped kit on a stamped receiver. ;)

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    A trunnion, receiver cut for it...and time.

I am making my own trunions since they were missing from my kits. It looks like I need a hole with opposing cuts on one side for the reciever. The hardware that comes with it looks fairly basic but I could be missing something. Are these majorly different than other underfolders?

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I am making my own trunions since they were missing from my kits. It looks like I need a hole with opposing cuts on one side for the reciever. The hardware that comes with it looks fairly basic but I could be missing something. Are these majorly different than other underfolders?
    milled and stamped lock up differently

rogue780

Jan 16, 2011
    Dundalk
    Whoas! Anyone have a parts list? What is required to do this build? I would love to add an AK to my arsenal and would definitely be willing to contribute a donation for whatever time/knowledge/assistance is given to assist me with that !

I see the list from a previous post in this thread - but where to buy?

-AK parts kit
    -Receiver or an 80% receiver flat
    -Barrel (if your kit doesn't have one)
    -Enough US made parts to comply with 922r (there's a list, you need 5 or 6)
    -Rivet set
    -Center support
    -Barrel Pin

This is what I bought:

ak-builder
    5/32" .1563" Screw Machine Drill Bit Code: C1-72
    5mm Screw Machine Drill Bit Code: C7-24
    7mm Screw Machine Drill Bit Code: C1-73
    AK Center Support for 1mm Receivers Code: A1-31
    AK-Builder AK Rivet Set Code: AKB-RS Options:* Options:*AKM Fixed Stock
    AK-Builder Slant Brake Code: A2-61
    Arsenal Inc Trigger Group AK-922BR 2 US parts 1 Bulgarian Code: G2-21
    Gas Port Drill Bit Code: C7-21
    Standard AK47 Fixed Stock 7.62 Flat Code: B1-71 Options:* Flat options:*Top Rail Bent, Stepped and Trimmed
    Brownells:
    100-004-679 http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...ure-set-black-sku100-004-679-27057-56133.aspx
    arfcom equipment exchange
    Romy kit (no longer available, but others might pop up) http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_123/1199523_WTS__Romanian_parts_kits.html
    Apex
    AK Barrel 7.62X39, Chrome Lined, Hammer Forged

dragonfire1911

OK how do I adapt them to a stamped reciever? Washers/shims,drilled/cut holes,weld something up?

Many milled kits come with the "stub" attached to the barrel. This can be use as the "trunnion" if you want to use a stamp receiver on a milled kit. Coldsteel Solutions have some 80% stamp receivers you can adapt to milled kits. They do require some fittings, cuts, and welds.

dragonfire1911

I have heard that using an endmill to cut the barrel pin notch is better than using a drill bit. It would reduce the chance of bit travel that can expand your trunnion pin size, potentially an expensive mistake. Akbuilder do sell the endmill. Can endmill be use in a drill press?

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    I have heard that using an endmill to cut the barrel pin notch is better than using a drill bit. It would reduce the chance of bit travel that can expand your trunnion pin size, potentially an expensive mistake. Akbuilder do sell the endmill. Can endmill be use in a drill press?

Some can be, the ones I got to do my 80 lower are made for use in a drill press.

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    looking for rivet tools to rent

My friend came buy yesterday with all his AK stuff to build before Oct 1st and got me fired up to build an AK 74, since this is the only variant I don't have yet. He has all the bending jigs, and everything else he needs to build AK's except the tools required to do the riveting, anybody on here have these? I would like to rent it for the day or you can come over when we do a build party and loan it that would be great. We just don't want to invest in the tool given that this will be naughty after Oct 1st.

Please PM me if you do.
    Thanks

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    My friend came buy yesterday with all his AK stuff to build before Oct 1st and got me fired up to build an AK 74, since this is the only variant I don't have yet. He has all the bending jigs, and everything else he needs to build AK's except the tools required to do the riveting, anybody on here have these? I would like to rent it for the day or you can come over when we do a build party and loan it that would be great. We just don't want to invest in the tool given that this will be naughty after Oct 1st.

Please PM me if you do.
    Thanks

If you read back through the last couple pages, we've got a build party scheduled for Aug. 24th. Hvymax is hosting. We'll have all the tools there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom