• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Yes.

My water powered backup was installed after the fact.

You do, however, have to tie into your existing water supply. The plumber put a T in with a valve to shut if off if needed.

You have to run a parallel pvc pipe up the wall from the sump pit and out through the existing wall.

I never worry about the power going out during storm, now.

The pump was around $150 and install was a couple of hundred. I had some other work done so I don't remember the exact price.
    These are nice if you have city water since you need NO electricity to run it.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Not an expert, to really fix your issue if your sump is still pumping out a lot of water after doing all the less expensive, less labor intense external landscaping, cleaning gutters, etc. etc. is to dig a trench down to the foundation right below footers on the outside where the water is laying.

Fix any foundation masonry, waterproof membrane the wall, perforated pipe wrapped with that landscaping material, and fill the entire trench with gravel then just enough dirt to grow grass.

Before you fill the trench, it's probably also good idea to think about roof draining system so no water from the roof is not going near the foundation, both pipes will be run far from the foundation. After you do all that, your sump pump should seize up from never running than running too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom