• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Starting to Really wonder what is going on. I sent my application in on March 10th, the got it by March 13th. They cashed my check quite some time ago, but I still have not heard a word. I called and the recording even gives you the Warning, "if you are calling regarding the status of your application, you may delay the process further". Threat Taken. Haven't done any thing. But, at this point I'm wondering should I just take a chance and email them any way??

Your just starting to wonder at this point? :lol:

I had mine in the day after the ruling and I haven't heard a word. Oh well, I figure ill start to get pissed once it passes the 90 work days mark.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Starting to Really wonder what is going on. I sent my application in on March 10th, the got it by March 13th. They cashed my check quite some time ago, but I still have not heard a word. I called and the recording even gives you the Warning, "if you are calling regarding the status of your application, you may delay the process further". Threat Taken. Haven't done any thing. But, at this point I'm wondering should I just take a chance and email them any way??

Just for gits and shiggles, send this on to Del. Smigiel and MSI.

Sounds to me to be prep. for some serious stonewalling (not to mention the typical MD tactic of making things so cumbersome and discomfiting as to drive you away).

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    :wtf:

Don't they know how to manage their resources or are the MSP leadership truly that incompetent?

Seems to me This is the only thing they are being straight forward about. They are pretty much saying "you bother us, and we will make sure some how your app will fall to the bottom of the pile". Don't call us we may call you..

Your just starting to wonder at this point? :lol:

I had mine in the day after the ruling and I haven't heard a word. Oh well, I figure ill start to get pissed once it passes the 90 work days mark.

I did'nt just start to wonder today. I have mentioned this in this thread earlier. As the weeks went by, it's gone from dang this is taking long, to does any one else think I should email MSP, or just keep sitting tight??

Just for gits and shiggles, send this on to Del. Smigiel and MSI.

Sounds to me to be prep. for some serious stonewalling (not to mention the typical MD tactic of making things so cumbersome and discomfiting as to drive you away).

Yes, it seems the wheels of progress have slowed since the Blanket of Rejection Form Letters were sent out. Thanks for the advise, I will forward this along.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Here is the latest version of the spreadsheet.

I've got everyone's info that has PM'ed me and the posts until right now.

Added another column for your liking, as well.

Coastie. Contrary to the sheet I have not been called. Nor have my references. Date mailed is 3/20. Date received 3/22 date cjis cleared 3/22. Date check cleared 3/26

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

I would not if it were me. If there is a chance MD does not get their stay from the 4th and if your app's have not been processed, you may get your ccw. If you call to be the squeaky wheel, they may get on your app right away in time to send you the dear john letter before this stay goes away. Just let it play out.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I would not if it were me. If there is a chance MD does not get their stay from the 4th and if your app's have not been processed, you may get your ccw. If you call to be the squeaky wheel, they may get on your app right away in time to send you the dear john letter before this stay goes away. Just let it play out.

I agree.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Let's not paint the MSP with such a broad brush Merlin.

While I agree in general--they are just doing their masters' bidding FTMP--some of the internal processes are varying so widely as to be influenced by local preferences and individual opinions (as evidenced by a few interview recaps and the complete lack of contact in some areas).

I hold no animus to MSP as a whole... but the way this whole thing is being handled leaves a bad taste.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    While I agree in general--they are just doing their masters' bidding FTMP--some of the internal processes are varying so widely as to be influenced by local preferences and individual opinions (as evidenced by a few interview recaps and the complete lack of contact in some areas).

I hold no animus to MSP as a whole... but the way this whole thing is being handled leaves a bad taste.

And again, I'm sure there are many troopers that got stuck helping out with the mountain of app's that would not normally be doing. It just seems like a hand full of them are taking it out on the people they serve.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Does anyone think that we can get any advice from SAF or Del. Smigiel as far there thoughts on what we should do as far as calling or not?

Or if we do what we should say?

Or maybe tips on things to say or not to say at the interview?

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.

Yes, after sleeping on it, I have to agree with you. Just sitting tight, and riding it out is probably my best option.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Your right. 80% of the police that gave me a break in the past were MSP. But at the same time don't you think there are many people in these threads complaining about how rude many of the MSP have been to them?

Actually, and this is only anecdotal, it seems that from what I've read here, the Troopers were extremely polite and professional.

I'll give some slack to the others. Maybe just having a bad day. It happens.

uscoastiee

Apr 20, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Coastie. Contrary to the sheet I have not been called. Nor have my references. Date mailed is 3/20. Date received 3/22 date cjis cleared 3/22. Date check cleared 3/26

Yeah, something happened when I sorted the spreadsheet before I uploaded it. Everyone's info is incorrect. I have a backed up copy that I'll pull and update. I've been crazy busy, and will try to upload the corrected on as soon as I can.

Sorry for the confusion.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Updated info in bold.

Filled out app.
    3/9 Did livescan, photos, notary in Glen Burnie
    3/9 App in the mail via Priority with delivery confirmation
    3/10 Expected Delivery (Delivery attempted at 6:23pm.)
    3/12 Confirmed Delivery.(8:23am)
    3/16 Letter from CJIS no criminal history in Maryland.

I killed two birds with one stone at Maryland Livescan in Glen Burnie.
    I brought my fingerprint card for FL CCW app, and had him print me out the prints on that card, got another set of pictures and notary for extra total of $25.

Let's see which gets approved first...I am sure no one is willing to take bets it will not be FL first.
    4/28 Received FL permit in the mail.

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    Updated info in bold.

Filled out app.
    3/9 Did livescan, photos, notary in Glen Burnie
    3/9 App in the mail via Priority with delivery confirmation
    3/10 Expected Delivery (Delivery attempted at 6:23pm.)
    3/12 Confirmed Delivery.(8:23am)
    3/16 Letter from CJIS no criminal history in Maryland.

I killed two birds with one stone at Maryland Livescan in Glen Burnie.
    I brought my fingerprint card for FL CCW app, and had him print me out the prints on that card, got another set of pictures and notary for extra total of $25.

Let's see which gets approved first...I am sure no one is willing to take bets it will not be FL first.
    4/28 Received FL permit in the mail.

I did all this right after the court decision. Have the CJIS no criminal history letter. They cashed my check. Could this thing really be approved?

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    I did all this right after the court decision. Have the CJIS no criminal history letter. They cashed my check. Could this thing really be approved?

Clem, I think you may be confused by LCPIWB's post. He is saying that he sent in his application for his Florida non-resident permit at the same time he sent in his application for his Maryland permit. He just received his Florida permit in the mail. He is in the same boat as the rest of us regarding Maryland.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Clem, I think you may be confused by LCPIWB's post. He is saying that he sent in his application for his Florida non-resident permit at the same time he sent in his application for his Maryland permit. He just received his Florida permit in the mail. He is in the same boat as the rest of us regarding Maryland.

Yes, this is correct. I dropped my MD and FL app in the mail the exact same day. Now 50 days later the FL permit is in my hand, and we are still doing a dance with MSP.
    50 days even including I had to fix up a fingerprint card snafu, due to "has to be done at law enforcement agency".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom