• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    So this would have to be filed by each "responsible person" EVERY TIME a new Form 1/4/5 is submitted.

Figures they'd make it as big of a pain in the ass as possible, and not require a one-time-only submission for each trustee to access the trust's property.

I know that the F in BATFE stands for... :sad20:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Folks, this is just a draft, and as far as I know, dates back to when all this started. The rules have not been formulated or finalized.

Anderson, stop being such a ****ing troll. We get that you have your own opinions as a lawyer, but getting people riled up over NO NEWS is irresponsible.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    This will effectively make NFA trusts pointless and too hard to obtain, especially if these forms have to be done for each submission. But, of course, that's what they want. Time to add another stamp to my collection.

Folks, this is just a draft, and as far as I know, dates back to when all this started. The rules have not been formulated or finalized.

Anderson, stop being such a ****ing troll. We get that you have your own opinions as a lawyer, but getting people riled up over NO NEWS is irresponsible.

:lol:

Serious question though since I'm ignorant on NFA stuff.If this were to go through,would it only be for "new" acquisitions or also include items already on the trust?

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    It's a freaking nics form with the CLEO signature on it.

What's the big deal (other than CLEO sucks sucks and not having to deal with that hassle is why most of us got a trust to start with)?

Not getting a trust, you do the same thing anyway, and the trust takes care of spousal ambiguities assuming your spouse is on the trust (and anyone who thinks that doesn't matter needs to pay attention to the wife of a felon with guns thread)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Depends on how they define responsible person.

If it's one person on the trust, no big deal.

If it's every trustee, that could potentially be a PITA. You want to haul your spouse in for fingerprinting every time you want to file a form 1? I certainly don't.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    This is definitely an old draft however, we need to keep a close eye on what's going on. I hope this sh*t never makes it through. I may need to send in another form1 before the full retard begins.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland

I realize that isn't the final iteration but, like brownstain will most likely be governor, this or something similarly onerous will most likely come to pass. I hope I'm wrong and will be overjoyed if I am but I'm not holding my breath.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I realize that isn't the final iteration but, like brownstain will most likely be governor, this or something similarly onerous will most likely come to pass. I hope I'm wrong and will be overjoyed if I am but I'm not holding my breath.
    This has nothing to do with the MD elections.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Folks, this is just a draft, and as far as I know, dates back to when all this started. The rules have not been formulated or finalized

Thanks for that. I dont doubt something new is in the works for Jan but hopefully its not this egregious. Anyone going through the expense of owning an NFA item is most definitely not a criminal. I could buy an illegal item much cheaper...

anderson76

Feb 16, 2013

Settle down bud. I am aware that the proposed regs have been out there for a while. However, this is the first time I saw the Responsible Person Questionnaire.

What opinions or agenda do you think that I am trying to push? Do you really think that I am trying to drum up business for Rusty or something? Whoever said anything about me being a lawyer? I don’t even have one of those idiotic disclaimers in my sig.

Depends on how they define responsible person.

If it's one person on the trust, no big deal.

If it's every trustee, that could potentially be a PITA. You want to haul your spouse in for fingerprinting every time you want to file a form 1? I certainly don't.

This is what struck me about the form. This is new news (at least to me). This was not clear from the proposed regs.

What struck me was how broadly they defined the term “response person” and the consequence it will have on the use of a trust vehicle going forward as well as the impact it will have on those desiring to make trustee or beneficiary changes to current trusts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom