• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    That's right folks..The Mission continues! We've STILL got a country to save..Maybe even more so.. A Nation of Rifleman is our goal... We need YOU to make it happen... Sign up links are NOW HOT for the first Maryland Appleseeds of 2014!

Who: You AND a spouse, child and or friend
    What: Appleseed 2014
    When: ANNAPOLIS DATES: Sat -Sun: Jan 25-26; Feb 22-23; March 22-23; April 26-27 ; May 24-25; June 28-29 (LADYSEED- Ladies ONLY), July 26 (ONE DAY class), Aug 23 (ONE DAY class), Sept 27-28, Oct 25-26, Nov 22-23, Dec 13-14

BERWYN ROD & GUN: Bowie MD: Apl 12-13

AGC: Marriottsville, MD: May 17-18, Sept 13-14, Dec 6-7
    Where: Anne Arundel Fish and Game Assc Annapolis, MD ; Berwyn Rod and Gun, Bowie MD;
    Associated Gun Clubs Marriottsville, MD; Sanners Lake, Lexington Park, MD
    Meade Gun Club: Ft Meade, MD
    Why: To attempt to earn the coveted "Rifleman" designation AND To hear the history that they don't teach to our kids anymore...it's one we ALL need to hear!

Class signup link is hot for online sign up: http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MD&statename=Maryland

Want up to the minute Maryland Appleseed updates? LIKE us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Projec...64406060313831

Annapolis events will be 22LR ONLY!!! Other ranges MAY allow centerfire, so read the details of the class carefully when signing up!
    Annapolis slots are limited to 30 per class. Other range classes sizes will be determined by the facility. These classes sell out quick, so sign up NOW to assure your spot on the line!

FEE STRUCTURE HAS CHANGED FOR 2014
    Adult Men & Women = $60 , Youth under 18 = $20
    Active Military, Reserve & Guard = FREE, Peace Officer = FREE, Reenactors in Period Dress = FREE, Elected Official = FREE
    Sign-up MUST be done online.
    Everybody including the "free" shooters listed above, MUST be signed up online.

See the links for the REST of the important details...

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
    Check out this site to learn more, what to bring, recommended equipment.
    Also check the forums linked there, including info on how to set up a Liberty Training Rifle. :

Whats New and Important Notes for 2014

NEW History Lessons!... During 2014 we will be introducing a whole NEW set of history lessons.. focusing on the darkest days of the American Revolution, and just how overwhelming the odds were that had to be overcome in order for us to be to be Free! You WILL want to return to here this.. Lots of parallel's to what's happening right here, right now.

NEW FULL DISTANCE Events! Only open to previous Appleseed attendees and Riflemen, putting those skills to the test out to 200, 300, or maybe even 500 yards! At least one tentatively scheduled, with more likely to come!

Maryland Specific Appleseed Patches: you have the ability to earn the MD Front Site patch..Maryland Distinguished Patch (a very cool design if I say so myself), Known Distance (KD) qualified rocker, and Maryland rocker. These are only able to be earned in Maryland AND are you are going to have to be on top of your game to earn these puppies. You WILL want these to join your Rifleman patch...

Think you can get a group of 10 or more shooters together for two or
    even ONE day of shooting? PM me with 6-8 weeks notice, and odds are
    in your favor that you may be able to set up YOUR OWN private Appleseed!
    This is a great option for you scout troop leaders,
    home schoolers, 4-H, work or civic groups or associations, etc., etc.,
    to learn to shoot, hear the story, and keep the tradition alive...
    Let me know your groups needs, and we WILL make it work for you.. THIS OFFER STILL STANDS for 2014!

Do you belong to a gun club or know of a friendly landowner who has
    25 meters with a natural backstop? Man do I want to talk to you!
    PM me to help keep this fully insured program growing and
    spreading the history and marksmanship tradition that made this
    country great! We can't do this alone folks, we need like minded folks
    to "get off the couch" and help us again, become a Nation of Rifleman. THIS IS STILL A DESPERATE NEED FOR 2014! We can't save this nation without YOUR help!

For those unfamiliar with the program, here's a link to the previous years Appleseed threads, chock full of advice, info, FAQ's and their answers..http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=69417 and
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=33762 and http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=46294
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=98251

Finally, THANK YOU MD Shooters and Congratulations to all attendees, volunteer instructors, Rifleman, and Cooks who are still working towards earning that patch, who helped make 2013 Appleseed in Maryland an amazing success! New ranges were added, and new sparks of Liberty were ignited inside Riflemen across the Old Line state..

Special Thanks to Anne Arundel Fish & Game Assc (AAFG), Sanner's Lake, AGC and Ft Meade for hosting us during 2013. I hope other gun clubs in Maryland will join them in inviting us aboard in 2014.

Remember..we are non-profit, all volunteer Nationwide program.. we can always use ANY help we can get! Why not step up to do your part to help save our Nation? The ships sinking folks, we need to stop being iceberg spotters and start bailing now!

BeSwift

Last edited:

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    First let me say to everyone who has kids that this is one of the best things I've ever done with my daughter from a shooting perspective. Not only was the shooting instruction first rate, well worth what we paid for it, but the history lessons were outstanding as well. It gave us great pride in America, and a better understanding of the true sacrifices our founders made to gift us this liberty. In addition it was just a flat-out-fun bonding weekend for a dad & daughter.

But on to a few questions:

Re: the fees, I note on the Appleseed site there are gift certificates available for 20% off the 2014 prices. Anything special I need to know about redeeming those, prior to my purchase and registration?

I also note that there was a comment on the main Appleseed web pages that reduced fire counts are available due to the ammo shortage (200 rounds v. 4-500). I'm blessed to have sufficient stock of 22 for a full-up event so I want to be sure to avoid a reduced round count weekend. Do you know if those are scheduled, and if so which dates, so that I can *not* schedule us in for those dates?

Thanks much. I'm really looking forward to this year's Appleseed. It will be our second year, and I just recently bought a new gun in anticipation of the event.

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    First let me say to everyone who has kids that this is one of the best things I've ever done with my daughter from a shooting perspective. Not only was the shooting instruction first rate, well worth what we paid for it, but the history lessons were outstanding as well. It gave us great pride in America, and a better understanding of the true sacrifices our founders made to gift us this liberty. In addition it was just a flat-out-fun bonding weekend for a dad & daughter.

But on to a few questions:

Re: the fees, I note on the Appleseed site there are gift certificates available for 20% off the 2014 prices. Anything special I need to know about redeeming those, prior to my purchase and registration?

I also note that there was a comment on the main Appleseed web pages that reduced fire counts are available due to the ammo shortage (200 rounds v. 4-500). I'm blessed to have sufficient stock of 22 for a full-up event so I want to be sure to avoid a reduced round count weekend. Do you know if those are scheduled, and if so which dates, so that I can *not* schedule us in for those dates?

Thanks much. I'm really looking forward to this year's Appleseed. It will be our second year, and I just recently bought a new gun in anticipation of the event.

Get those Appleseed Gift Certificates quick! When you buy em, you get the discounted rate. To use em, simply sign up as one of the "free" catagories when you register online, and show the certificate when you show up for class

As for the reduced round count, I'm not beyond doing it, BUT, I haven't had any significant amount of feedback from students about lack of ammo, for the class.. Guess the MD students are extra resourceful! As an FYI, we always have extra available in case someone runs out (sssshhh.. it's a secret)...

See you on the line and bring someone else with you! :thumbsup: BeSwift

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    My son's and I took an Appleseed class in 2012. Best class I have ever had. My 11 year old got his Rifleman. I, well I stiil need to work on mine.

Its the history is what makes it better then all others.

My kids keep asking when we are going to do another Appleseed...I have to make that happen.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I may indeed see if I can get my South African house guest on the line this year.

(I'm also hoping someone finally gets me a copy of "Paul Revere's Ride" for Christmas this year.)

Apr 15, 2013
    Within about one month this year we had three Appleseed events at three different ranges, each within a half hour's drive of central Maryland. I doubt there's anywhere else in the nation that can claim that. And 2014 looks to be even better.

See you on the range!

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    Just signed up the girls for Ladyseed, but I did raise an eyebrow. The event page stated $0.00 for fees, but after I registered and paid I got a page saying there was a $5 range fee. Somewhat misleading.

I also purchased 4 gift certs, but haven't received those in email - will the receipt suffice?

Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    What are the typical hours for the events? I just checked my schedule and I'm working EVERY weekend these events are planned until November... If they end early enough I can probably make it a weekend when I'm scheduled for evening shift.

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Just signed up the girls for Ladyseed, but I did raise an eyebrow. The event page stated $0.00 for fees, but after I registered and paid I got a page saying there was a $5 range fee. Somewhat misleading.

I also purchased 4 gift certs, but haven't received those in email - will the receipt suffice?

Range fees are paid at arrival and do not go to RWVA.. they go to the club hosting the shoot. I'll see if National can come up with a better solution to make this clearer at sign up... See you on the line! B

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    What are the typical hours for the events? I just checked my schedule and I'm working EVERY weekend these events are planned until November... If they end early enough I can probably make it a weekend when I'm scheduled for evening shift.

A lot of it depends on the amount of daylight, however, Sat typically wraps up around 4-5PM and Sunday around 4PM.. You could also bail out early as need be to fit your work schedule... Hope to see you on the line!

Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    A lot of it depends on the amount of daylight, however, Sat typically wraps up around 4-5PM and Sunday around 4PM.. You could also bail out early as need be to fit your work schedule... Hope to see you on the line!

Thanks for the answer. I doubt that would work. If my son is on the range I won't be able to get him away. He LOVES to shoot and just talk guns in general. He's only ten but has probably fired more types of weapons than a lot of adults! Haha
    And his safety consciousness makes me a very proud dad!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Thanks for the answer. I doubt that would work. If my son is on the range I won't be able to get him away. He LOVES to shoot and just talk guns in general. He's only ten but has probably fired more types of weapons than a lot of adults! Haha
    And his safety consciousness makes me a very proud dad!
    If you plan on attending any of the MPC events this year I would be more than willing to stay after and teach him some speed shooting skills. I would even let him shoot my open rimfire competition firearms. There will another USSF Rimfire Challenge Regional (new name for Ruger Rimfire) in PA this year at Lewistown, PA.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    I couldn't have said it any better myself. My 14-year old daughter agreed to go along with me to an Appleseed event at AAFG mostly just to spend some extra time with dad but she was not expecting to have so much fun doing it. Not only did she have a great time on both days (in spite of rain on Sunday morning) but she took home a Rifleman patch after shooting 210, 210, and 212 on the AQT.

She's looking forward to going to the Ladyseed with her mom in June.

Jan 2, 2014
    Lexington Park, MD
    Still a lot of room on the line for the Jan 25-26th Appleseed event at AAFG in Annapolis!
    I can't say those words too often, so don't miss your chance to hop on the line!
    http://appleseedinfo.org/search-stat...ename=Maryland

See YOU on the line and bring a friend! BeSwift

I'm tentatively planning on going so long as I get into MD on time and everything goes well.

I won't know for sure until Thursday but as soon as I know Ill be sure to register on the Appleseed page.

It will be my first time doing any training besides hunter safety but I look forward to it!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Still a lot of room on the line for the Jan 25-26th Appleseed event at AAFG in Annapolis!
    I can't say those words too often, so don't miss your chance to hop on the line!
    http://appleseedinfo.org/search-stat...ename=Maryland

See YOU on the line and bring a friend! BeSwift

Still room to earn a Winterseed patch this weekend? I can't make it but wanted to bump the thread for a good cause.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I'm already registered with my daughter for an Appleseed event later this year, but for those with kids looking for something to do this weekend, you won't find a better option.

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    Just a quick question about Appleseed and sighting a .22LR (with Tech Sights). What is the preferred zero 25 or 50?

Thanks,

WGS

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    Just reviewed the Appleseed site again and there it is plain as day, a 25M zero is recommended. Sorry I should have looked around a but more before I posted the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom