• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Thanks everyone for the input. I am ordering 2 12 Rnd Mags for my new (used) S&W 6906. And cannot wait for the Dulles Expo Show on the weekend of the 28th.

Dave

WhiteWhale056

Apr 27, 2012
    chaptico, md
    First I know his thread is old but didn't want to make a new one. I saw taking apart and putting back together is a no-no while in state.

My question is: an AR15 I bought awhile back came with 2 "limited capacity" magazines by have a screw put into the magazine (to keep the follower from going down any further). Can I legally remove this screw or would I be breaking the law for modifying?

Thanks

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    By modifying the mag to accept more than 20 rounds, a talented lawyer could argue you are "manufacturing". As long as you aren't doing it within state lines however, no foul committed. Anyway, who's going to know as long as you don't post about it on the Internet? :D

As bad as MD can be, at least we're not California... 10/30 blocked mags are silly. I'd probably sell them back to someone in CA and get unmolested mags with no extra hole from an out-of-state gun show.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Remember fight club? What was the first rule?

It applies here

I wonder if anyone has ever been convicted of a magazine related charge? Or is it like vertical grips on pistols, where there have been a few cases of charges but no convictions.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Remember fight club? What was the first rule?

It applies here

I wonder if anyone has ever been convicted of a magazine related charge? Or is it like vertical grips on pistols, where there have been a few cases of charges but no convictions.

I like to know about that too.

For the longest time, i didnt know it would have mattered to put a verticle grip on a pistol. Though didnt cross my mind.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    And my FNP-45 Tactical came with 15 round magazines so I don't get the 10 round thing either.

Those early posts are from 2007, this thread is old as dirt and the law changed a couple years ago; restriction is now just 20 rounds with no distinction between platform. Anything greater cannot be purchased, sold, shipped to, or transferred within the state of Maryland. Maryland residents can, however, legally acquire 20+ capacity magazines outside the state and bring them into the state for their own personal use.

It is illegal to purchase them online, have them shipped to somebody in VA or PA or DE, and then have that person bring them to you, because that is transfer within the state. One must physically go to the other state, take possession, and then bring them into Maryland, to be in full compliance.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    First I know his thread is old but didn't want to make a new one. I saw taking apart and putting back together is a no-no while in state.

My question is: an AR15 I bought awhile back came with 2 "limited capacity" magazines by have a screw put into the magazine (to keep the follower from going down any further). Can I legally remove this screw or would I be breaking the law for modifying?

Thanks
    Only if you do it out of state!

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Those early posts are from 2007, this thread is old as dirt and the law changed a couple years ago; restriction is now just 20 rounds with no distinction between platform. Anything greater cannot be purchased, sold, shipped to, or transferred within the state of Maryland. Maryland residents can, however, legally acquire 20+ capacity magazines outside the state and bring them into the state for their own personal use.

It is illegal to purchase them online, have them shipped to somebody in VA or PA or DE, and then have that person bring them to you, because that is transfer within the state. One must physically go to the other state, take possession, and then bring them into Maryland, to be in full compliance.

Wouldn't it also be illegal to buy them online, while still in the state boundaries, assuming the computer/device are also in the state boundaries. (Assuming they are shipped and received out of state?)

What about remote controlling a computer/device from inside the state, that is physically located out of the state, is this legal?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Wouldn't it also be illegal to buy them online, while still in the state boundaries, assuming the computer/device are also in the state boundaries. (Assuming they are shipped and received out of state?)
    Maryland can't regulate interstate sales, as per the commerce clause of the Constitution, and has thus far not shown much incentive to try. If it weren't for the ban on receiving, I doubt they'd be able to stop you from simply buying mags out of state straight to your door. (The ban on receiving being OK since it applies to both in-state and out-of-state sales.)

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL

What about remote controlling a computer/device from inside the state, that is physically located out of the state, is this legal?

Thinking way to much into it

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    Yup just buy them out of state, dont tell the state that the 20rd PMAGS hold and feed 21 either!

Hah, I noticed that too. I was preloading a 30 round PMAG and 20 Round Pmag and noticed I only had 19 bullets in my 20 rounder. I looked and saw I somehow squeezed a 31st one in the 30 rounder! No wonder the dust cover wouldn't fit! Haha, PMAG is inadvertently selling 21 rounders in Maryland.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    The 20 round PMAG is designed for only 20 rounds, doing anything else may damage the mag.

We should also STFU about it. Why give someone an weak excuse to ban them?

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    The 20 round PMAG is designed for only 20 rounds, doing anything else may damage the mag.

We should also STFU about it. Why give someone an weak excuse to ban them?

I had an issue with a 20 round pmag I bought from midway. They had me contact magpul, which was willing to send me a new one, but wouldnt since it can hold 21. Told me if I gave them a different address out of state, they would take care of it. Kinda upset me that midway nor magpul would help me out and that I was stuck with a defective magazine.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I had an issue with a 20 round pmag I bought from midway. They had me contact magpul, which was willing to send me a new one, but wouldnt since it can hold 21. Told me if I gave them a different address out of state, they would take care of it. Kinda upset me that midway nor magpul would help me out and that I was stuck with a defective magazine.

Comparing the cost of ammo to that of a magazine, I'd say the price of the latter is irrelevant.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Comparing the cost of ammo to that of a magazine, I'd say the price of the latter is irrelevant.

Yes, but fact is I threw away that money I paid for the magazine. My money is as good in my pocket as it is in Midways and magpuls pocket. What got me was midway was allowed to sell me the mag, but not magpul? Besides all the ammo is worthless, if you don't have a decent mag to place it in, unless ya want a single shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom