• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djcook

Jul 25, 2014
    Mechanicsville Maryland
    Hey all, I started a new petition in order to gain Concealed Carry rights extended to our Armed Forces Veterans. Let's face it they already met us half way by waiving the HQL for active duty and retired Veterans so let have them take it the distance. Please sign my petition and let's let our voice be heard.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/maryland-veterans-for-concealed-carry-permits

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Let's face it, Maryland legislator didn't give Armed Forces veteran their own special Good/substantial cause 2 years ago, and they probably wont think twice about an online petition on it.

Sorry, reality.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I am a veteran, and I want no "right" that my fellow citizens cannot also enjoy. So respectfully, I cannot support this proposal. I don't want to be an "only one" - the only ones permitted a right, based on attachment to government service.

I am not questioning your motives or your desire to do the right thing. I think we all want to support veterans. But I didn't swear to uphold a Constitution just so some of its most fundamental rights would only apply to me, but not my neighbor.

Thanks for hearing me out, and thanks for the thought.

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    I am a veteran, and I want no "right" that my fellow citizens cannot also enjoy. So respectfully, I cannot support this proposal. I don't want to be an "only one" - the only ones permitted a right, based on attachment to government service.

I am not questioning your motives or your desire to do the right thing. I think we all want to support veterans. But I didn't swear to uphold a Constitution just so some of its most fundamental rights would only apply to me, but not my neighbor.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD

Pretty upstanding. I on the other hand will refuse to covet what my neighbor has and bless him for whatever the universe will provide and hope that someday when its my turn it will come back to me.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Besides, to the.administration ptsd has all veterans so screwed that after you get out you should not even be able to own one this has less wheels than a swingset.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    I'm a Vet...did my 20+

If you make Vets able to carry and not "regular citizens"....you're giving the green light that it's ok for a certain "class" of citizen to be created...and thereby aiding in denying ALL citizens the same right. Just because I am a vet should not mean I can enjoy rights that my fellow citizens can't...I'm a citizen first...and I stand firmly with them.

The Constitution applies to ALL citizens.

MDvet

Mar 13, 2009
    White Marsh, MD

Are there "rights" that needs to be earned? I believe so.

To exercise our right to vote, we need to register. Or we cannot commit crime. To exercise our right to free speech, we must abide by certain limitations.

So being a veteran earns someone what?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    No more special classes. All animals are equal, none more so than others.

We have enough special classes of people in this state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom