• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I really like the look of that knife. Who is it made by, if you don't mind me asking.

Jose Z is the name on it and he is out of Miami, FL. Steel is likely from Pakistan as they are milking this for all they are worth since that was the location of the steel used for Damascus blades. According to the people on Bladeforum.com there are good and bad blades coming out of Pakistan. This qualifies as good. Not collecting good but useable good. Its either 412 or 500 layer pattern welded steel, likely 1095 and something else. The spine work is from reduction and you can see the layers in the cuts. There is fake damascus running around also where they imprint a pattern to make it look like pattern welded and etched steel. Those fakes go for as little as $25 while this one was $200 or a little less. I have had it close to about 8 months and just this week decided to buy another one from him also. Balance is pretty decent but it is a big (9.75" blade) and heavy as the spine is around 1/4" thick. This new one is longer and thinner so may be lighter.

Attachments

• J-Z-2.jpg
      J-Z-2.jpg
      106.9 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads