I now see it from the other side of the counter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have been working at a pawn shop here in NC for almost a month now. I was hired on as "the gun guy" in addition to all the other fun stuff that comes along with working at a pawn shop.

I have been reading here on the forum for years about what it was like on the other side of the counter....and countless folks saying how they wanted to work in a gun shop/pawn shop and deal with guns all day.

It certainly is another world on the other side. I have worked in pawn shops in East Baltimore, but we never handled firearms. Now, working in a shop that does, I now see first hand what you folks have been talking about for a long time.

Genuine customers aren't a problem. I will show a real customer all the guns he/she wants to see....all day long. But, man....there are some real weirdos and such that want to handle every gun we have.....and no, we don't let them. I won't let just anyone handle the long guns and I ask that those folks who wish to handle a handgun have a purchase permit or concealed handgun permit.

I now understand why some gun shop folks are a little surly.....answering the same questions all the time.....and hearing how someone's uncle used a GLOCK in WWII.....:innocent0

Thanks for all the nonsense you guys and gals tolerate....I'm enjoying every minute of being a gun seller, but it certainly is entertaining.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Thank you for your service to the community.

And remember these sage words from Monty Python:

"Never kill a customer."

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Oh yes. You have to get one from the Sheriff for every single handgun you buy, unless you have a concealed carry permit.

It was originally a Jim Crow thing.

This is true. In the county I work in, it can take 2 days. In the county I LIVE in, it takes 30 minutes. :)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    North Carolina has handgun purchase permits?

Oh yes. You have to get one from the Sheriff for every single handgun you buy, unless you have a concealed carry permit.

THIS ^^^ ............I didn't want anyone to know about this during the SB281 hearings becuz the fuggin' libtard anti's would be ALL OVER DIS SHIT by comparison; so I didn't say a word about it to anybody.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    This is true. In the county I work in, it can take 2 days. In the county I LIVE in, it takes 30 minutes. :)

On the upside, you have the organization GRNC which is much more organized and successful than any we have here in MD. I have a buddy in Chapel Hill who sends me their info all the time. I have forwarded it to MSI and anyone who I think could utilize it here but have seen nothing come of it.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Thanks for the information!
    PS: we just spent a few days in Henderson, NC looking at homes on Kerr Lake. We'll be headed back to look some more as soon as we both can get a day or two off from work.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    THIS ^^^ ............I didn't want anyone to know about this during the SB281 hearings becuz the fuggin' libtard anti's would be ALL OVER DIS SHIT by comparison; so I didn't say a word about it to anybody.

I bet you don't have to pay $50, get fingerprinted and take a course to get the permit either. And I bet there's not an arbitrary 7 day wait.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

I bet you don't have to pay $50, get fingerprinted and take a course to get the permit either. And I bet there's not an arbitrary 7 day wait.

You're absolutely correct here ^^^. However the libtards in this state would try to add as much as they can to make it harder to make a purchase. How would you like to have to go to your sheriff's office to get permission every time you want to purchase a handgun here and STILL GO through all the ******** we have now???

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    The customer isn't always right and some are complete dickheads. I like to keep it real.

I used to work retail selling PC,servers and parts. I can tell you this is spot on. I would treat the customer with respect and gratitude but I would also state to them I see where you are coming from and why you would feel that BUT....

Sometimes customers just make abusive demands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom