• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    When even $5 to the ATF is TOO much....go Scott's!

That's right, your FU to .gov, and a great set up too.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Do you guys sell 14" mossberg 500 barrels by themselves?

Exhile Machine has the 14" front end kits, I think mossberg part #92514, for $200 and shipping is $10. But of you'd still have to acquire a PGO shottie and install the entire front end. If you are not sure what you are doing just buy one from Scott's. No link because my employer bans weapon sites (although strangely allows MDS)

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Exhile Machine has the 14" front end kits, I think mossberg part #92514, for $200 and shipping is $10. But of you'd still have to acquire a PGO shottie and install the entire front end. If you are not sure what you are doing just buy one from Scott's. No link because my employer bans weapon sites (although strangely allows MDS)

Yeah Buds had them for about the same price a couple months ago but they recently jacked up their price. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    I really enjoy taking mine out to the range. It has become my wife's preferred HD shotgun.

Have you ever had any range masters, LEO or anybody else question you about the legality when shooting at the range?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Have you ever had any range masters, LEO or anybody else question you about the legality when shooting at the range?

No, I normally shoot at private ranges or on private property. The only public range that I frequent is DelMarVA Sporting Clays and they just don't care.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    No, I normally shoot at private ranges or on private property. The only public range that I frequent is DelMarVA Sporting Clays and they just don't care.

I had a feeling you were gonna say something like that. Thanks for the heads up on Delmarva, never been there before.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'd really like to pick up one of these. But the mossberg version. Any ideas when they might be for sale?

Its best to call the store. Scott posts updates here, but does may not check back for some time due to how busy they get.

First hand questions are best emailed or called in to them.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    I'd really like to pick up one of these. But the mossberg version. Any ideas when they might be for sale?

Scott's had Mossbergs as well. Awesome service there. Explained all and provided ATF letters as well. My 1st time at Scott's and easily the best service I've ever gotten at a firearms shop. I was there about 45 minutes before closing. They still had some Remingtons and Mossbergs.
    edit: And the Sweeper is awesome. Can't wait to fire it.
    edit: The scabbard can be found online for a bit less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott's Gunsmithing

Industry Partner
    Mar 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    We don't have any 12 ga Mossbergs made right now....he is making a Mossberg PG .410 into an Urban Broom. The Mossys require more gunsmithing and are mosre expensive, however.

We have a number of Remington 870s that have been made into Urban Brooms and a few more pistol grips that can be made into them. We brought in 15 in all and sold 6 Urban Brooms in the last week or 2.

Scott's Gunsmithing

Industry Partner
    Mar 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Scott's had Mossbergs as well. Awesome service there. Explained all and provided ATF letters as well. My 1st time at Scott's and easily the best service I've ever gotten at a firearms shop. I was there about 45 minutes before closing. They still had some Remingtons and Mossbergs.
    edit: And the Sweeper is awesome. Can't wait to fire it.
    edit: The scabbard can be found online for a bit less.

Glad to do business with you. (sxs answering)

Scott's Gunsmithing

Industry Partner
    Mar 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Its best to call the store. Scott posts updates here, but does may not check back for some time due to how busy they get.

First hand questions are best emailed or called in to them.

I try to monitor this site but I only work Tuesdays and Wednesdays plus sometimes it gets really busy (Beau aka sxs responding). Calling is the best way to get quick info although we do look out here periodically.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Well... having bought my broom at the end of April, I am embarrassed to say that it has taken me until October to get out and play with it.... but what a BLAST (pun intended).

I vaporized a pumpkin and several old flower-pots with it yesterday (and I do mean vaporized). That thing is a whoot-and-a-half! Thanks Scott!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom