When is the Snow Gonna Fly in Deep Creek? -> Karma Contest!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Some years we want to delay the arrival of winter weather as long as possible. But, inevitably, it comes sooner or later. This year I'm ready - and I’m actually looking forward to it. Why?
    1. I like snow. It’s pretty when it falls. Winter is beautiful in the mountains. Skiing is fun. I can do that at the WISP only a couple of miles away.
    2. Last year I missed the fun of dealing with winter snow -> I slipped on ice and broke my ankle early on. That won’t happen again -> I have new Yak Trax on hand.
    3. The Ariens Snowblower and the generator got oil changes and tune-ups. They're on stand by when needed.

I'm ready for winter. :thumbsup:

Here's the Karma Contest:

I have a box of CCI Mini-Mags that will go to any MDS member with over 50 posts who can correctly predict the date of the first snowfall in Deep Creek - at my house - this season that drops > 3" of snow.

There are some rules:
    • Your prediction must be posted here at least 14 days prior to the actual snowfall.
    • I will measure the snowfall on the deck rail outside my office door and post a pic to validate >3".
    • I won't ship the box of Mini-Mags. But I will make arrangements to deliver it to the winner.
    One additional rule: Only one prediction per MDS member. If you post more than one, your first post is the one that will count as valid...

EDIT - NEW RULE Jan 6, 2016: If the day of your eligible prediction comes and goes without the snow flying it becomes moot and expires. You can post another prediction of a future date only after your first prediction date passes. Your prediction MUST still be 14 days prior to the actual snow event. And - only one active prediction date per member.

So... When will the snow fly in Deep Creek?

:shrug:

Attachments

• CCI MiniMag Pic 10113849.jpg
      CCI MiniMag Pic 10113849.jpg
      18.4 KB · Views: 563
    Last edited:
    Dec 31, 2012
    Silly, you're not going to get any snow because of global warming.
    But just in case you do, I say December 19th for greater than 3 inches.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    November 17... I know that's maybe early but I think that this year's gonna provide lots of fluffy white stuff to Appalachia. Early and often are the watchwords.

Great karma. Thank you.

If (when) I win, I cede my winnings to the Scouts or the Hooli boys so as to save shipping hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom