• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Tell that young man that is a wonderful first deer. Many a man would be proud to take that home with him.

Congrats to both of you!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My son got his first deer this weekend! The farm we were hunting on practices quality deer management which prevented him from possibly taking a nice 6 pt buck later that evening. The buck came to us like it was on a string but it was not large enough to shoot.

This was a neck shot from 50 yards with a 20g Savage single shot. He could barely hold the gun up by himself with the heavy barrel. She was about 145 pounds and dropped where she stood. Not knowing how he would react to the situation, the boy was elated and couldn't wait to share the pictures with his friends. He stood and watched the entire skinning and cleaning process with interest (and probably some throw up in his mouth), but he is ready to do it again.

I couldn't be more proud!

Outstanding!:clap:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    My son got his first deer this weekend! The farm we were hunting on practices quality deer management which prevented him from possibly taking a nice 6 pt buck later that evening. The buck came to us like it was on a string but it was not large enough to shoot.

This was a neck shot from 50 yards with a 20g Savage single shot. He could barely hold the gun up by himself with the heavy barrel. She was about 145 pounds and dropped where she stood. Not knowing how he would react to the situation, the boy was elated and couldn't wait to share the pictures with his friends. He stood and watched the entire skinning and cleaning process with interest (and probably some throw up in his mouth), but he is ready to do it again.

I couldn't be more proud!

Thats great! Congrats!

Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    Finally downed my first one of the season, second one lifetime. Thought it was a doe but it was a spike, it came out of the tree line with a six pointer. Made the shot from 35 yrds and hit him a little further back than I would have liked. He ran 80 yards into the meanest, thickest, sharpest part of the whole property. Getting him out was anti-fun and I'll need a few days of ibuprofen to recover.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      56 KB · Views: 311

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Hunted WV rifle season this week. I have family outside of Beverly in Randolph County. Crossed paths with this Cheat Mountain 10 point. My cousin also took a nice 8 point.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom