• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    Sorry if this has been asked but search wasn't working on the mobile site.

If I purchase a lower it is considered regulated and I must wait my 7 days. But am I then able to purchase any lower as long as it is more than 16 inches. Or will I still be required to be am hbar/bull. If it must be an hbar can it be fluted.

I already have an hbar but the balance seems too don't heavy and if like a pencil barrel for quick movement.

Thanks in advance

Tom

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The barrel profile must be an HBAR. The days of getting pencil barrels in MD are long gone. Your wants are now not going to happen. Thank Frosh and DeMarco for that crap. You should have had the AR before 10/1/13.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    What DA said but you can replicate the feel of a lightweight AR with primo components and a heavier stock to move the balance rearward.

Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    Yeah i sort of figured that one. Guess I'll have to buy that land in WV sooner. Any suggestions for a stock that would move the weight rearward. Trying to get into 3gun

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Magpul PRS is also a heavier stock for counter balancing but, lends its self more to bench guns.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That is safe way.

MSP has not made up its mind about a pre-ban lower with a pre-ban upper, made after 10/1/13.

I would think that they would apply the same interpretation to taking an HBAR and putting a pre-ban upper on it, after the ban.

Of course, if you owned the upper BEFORE 10/1/13, you probably assembled the rifle into a now banned configuration. As it only takes a minute to do so. I did with my HBAR.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Yeah i sort of figured that one. Guess I'll have to buy that land in WV sooner. Any suggestions for a stock that would move the weight rearward. Trying to get into 3gun

$$$$ Magpul UBR, PRS and Ergo F93

$ Cav Arms A1 with a sandbag tossed in the storage compartment.

Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    How about this scenario. If I purchase the upper barreled in anything besides 556/223 can the barrel be a different profile? However I'm assuming though that 762x39 and 300blk are both hbars because they're 30 cal?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How about this scenario. If I purchase the upper barreled in anything besides 556/223 can the barrel be a different profile? However I'm assuming though that 762x39 and 300blk are both hbars because they're 30 cal?

Correct. Not sure if a 30cal. bbl is made with a scary profile but if one did, I'm sure it would be a no no.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If the upper is not .223/5.56, then any barrel profile is GTG. Any .30 caliber upper is GTG. NFA still applies where relevant.

Not directed at you but worth mentioning. Don't do something foolish like buy a non-HBAR .223/5.56 upper with a 22LR kit installed and think it's somehow legal on a post-10/1/13 lower.

Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    Gotcha. I would never think to deceive our great state with a conversion kit on an illegal barrel lol.

But I think I may buy a 22 upper the more I think about it. Can never have too many. 22 rifles.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Looks like this might be a good place for me to ask about this.

I've got a Colt 6721 HBAR. I've been doing some searching and it looks like I can purchase a complete upper in 7.62x39 and put it on the lower. Basically just 2 pins and the proper mag? Is it really that simple or am I overlooking something. I'll admit I'm a new B with the AR platform

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom