• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    What is the informal review about??
    Let's suppose the grounds for denial is "propensity for violence". The informal review gives you the chance to discuss any incidents that would have caused MSP to form that opinion. It may or may not be successful but you certainly won't be successful by missing the chance.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    I got my permit with the same G&S "work purposes" i submitted it alongside my guard card renewal not that that should have made a difference, but definitely request the informal review.

Last edited:

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    I just put the request in the mailbox. I applied for my guard card and carry permit at the same time. I don't know what the status is on the guard card yet. I think the problem is that I was arrested on a misdemeanor assult 15 years ago, was put on 1 years probation, got expunged and I told them about it, I even gave them all documents that I had so I guess that's where the problem is coming from.

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    I just looked up what that code they stated in the letter was and here it is

"Justia Law
    Search
    Justia › US Law › US Codes and Statutes › Maryland Code › 2005 › Maryland Public Safety › Section 5-306
    View the 2013 Maryland Code | View Previous Versions of the Maryland Code
    Maryland Public Safety Section 5-306

Article - Public Safety

§ 5-306.
    (a) Subject to subsection (b) of this section, the Secretary shall issue a permit within a reasonable time to a person who the Secretary finds:

(1) is an adult;

(2) (i) has not been convicted of a felony or of a misdemeanor for which a sentence of imprisonment for more than 1 year has been imposed; or

(ii) if convicted of a crime described in item (i) of this item, has been pardoned or has been granted relief under 18 U.S.C. § 925(c);

(3) has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;

(4) is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless the habitual use of the controlled dangerous substance is under legitimate medical direction; and

(5) based on an investigation:

(i) has not exhibited a propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render the person's possession of a handgun a danger to the person or to another; and

(ii) has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger.

(b) An applicant under the age of 30 years is qualified only if the Secretary finds that the applicant has not been:

(1) committed to a detention, training, or correctional institution for juveniles for longer than 1 year after an adjudication of delinquency by a juvenile court; or

(2) adjudicated delinquent by a juvenile court for:

(i) an act that would be a crime of violence if committed by an adult;

(ii) an act that would be a felony in this State if committed by an adult; or

(iii) an act that would be a misdemeanor in this State that carries a statutory penalty of more than 2 years if committed"

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    I had 1st degree assault, 2nd degree assault, reckless endangerement, and deadly weapon charges that i had expunged. I notified them when i applied and included all expungement documents in the application. Didnt cause any hiccups.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    Ok, so those that were lucky enough to be graced with a permit, the big question is what are the restrictions?

I thought about applying using my LLC business dealings as G&S, but thought about it and figured that if they did grant me one, it would only be good for trips to the bank or trips to meet clients.

A permit that only covers 3 hours a day on a limited number of days a year isn't a win in my book.

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    I plan to submit my app tomorrow. I'm trying to express register for livescan at the place in Glen Burnie... am I correct that the livescan price does not include any fees for the MSP? I didn't think it was going to cost $76.. Jesus. That on top of the app fee is crazy to me. Obviously worth it if I knew for sure it would be granted but I really don't have $ to gamble. I figured it'd be $20 for prints..

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    From home to xyz business and while conducting financial transactions for the same.

Mine too. It states rental properties owned by me too.

I have another business I started last May, should probably as for revised restrictions. Maybe they could issue me a whole separate addenda card for all the ******** restrictions?

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I plan to submit my app tomorrow. I'm trying to express register for livescan at the place in Glen Burnie... am I correct that the livescan price does not include any fees for the MSP? I didn't think it was going to cost $76.. Jesus. That on top of the app fee is crazy to me. Obviously worth it if I knew for sure it would be granted but I really don't have $ to gamble. I figured it'd be $20 for prints..

Correct. The Livescan fee covers your prints, the bg check and photos. The MSP filing fee is separate. Total cost from start to finish including training is around $500. :mad54:

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    Correct. The Livescan fee covers your prints, the bg check and photos. The MSP filing fee is separate. Total cost from start to finish including training is around $500. :mad54:
    Sheesh.. I'm glad I don't have to worry about the training. Thanks for the feedback, submitted today.

MrJ

Oct 30, 2014
    Yes I did that, when I went my my interview with the investigator, and he laughed in my face. Then he asked me if I BOUGHT it from a corner store. It took everything in me not to air him out. The MD Permit process is ridiculous for no reason. smh

MrJ

Oct 30, 2014
    Yes I did that, when I went my my interview with the investigator, and he laughed in my face. Then he asked me if I BOUGHT it from a corner store. It took everything in me not to air him out. The MD Permit process is ridiculous for no reason. I don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom