BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Quick question:

Is it "day one" yet? :mdpatriot

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Does anyone know how long after the confirmation hearing it takes for things to be ANY different than they were under O'malley?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Confirmation hearing scheduled for this Monday, the 9th at 5pm in the William Amoss Hearing Room in the Miller Senate Building
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&stab=03&id=exn&tab=subject7&ys=2015RS

This will be interesting. Easy hearing and consent on Monday night? Or will he be asked a few pointed questions, then have the confirmation hearing continued past the 3/10 and 3/12 hearings, and then be asked follow up questions?

Frankly, I'd like to see the former.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Does anyone know how long after the confirmation hearing it takes for things to be ANY different than they were under O'malley?

It takes as long as it takes, there is no hard and fast timeline, and I'm sure if there was they wouldn't make it public.

To paraphrase the MSP, we'll know it when we see it.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This will be interesting. Easy hearing and consent on Monday night? Or will he be asked a few pointed questions, then have the confirmation hearing continued past the 3/10 and 3/12 hearings, and then be asked follow up questions?

Frankly, I'd like to see the former.

No follow up questions, one hearing and done.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Quick question:

Is it "day one" yet? :mdpatriot

If Hogan does not use the phone and pen to have his new appointee accept "self defense" as G&S after the Dems gave the F U to repeal rain tax, he should should just serve the rest of his term bent over.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    If Hogan does not use the phone and pen to have his new appointee accept "self defense" as G&S after the Dems gave the F U to repeal rain tax, he should should just serve the rest of his term bent over.

I wouldn't want to be Larry Hogan that's for sure. The Dems are going to stone wall him every chance they get. One would think you catch more bees with honey than vinegar. But if they just go "eff you" back and forth nothing will ever get done the next 4 years. Tough spot for him.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    He's the man, just like O'malley was. If we sit back and believe that constantly "playing nice" is the answer we'll be in the same position in 4 years that we are now. The MSP has a LOT to do with this.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    He's the man, just like O'malley was. If we sit back and believe that constantly "playing nice" is the answer we'll be in the same position in 4 years that we are now. The MSP has a LOT to do with this.

:thumbsup:

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I agree he can't / shouldn't play nice for the next 4 years. He has to assert his authority and do the right thing for Maryland and the 2A. It just reminds me of little kids on a playground fighting back and forth over a game. They do so much fighting the game doesn't get played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom