• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikeboy77

Boom! Headshot...
    Apr 3, 2011
    Montgomery County, Md
    I'm up there almost every week, either thursday or friday afternoons... more often fridays though. I'm always wearing a black hat with "one shot, one kill" on the front. Say Hi if you ever see me

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I drove up there for the first time this week to scope it out. Glad I brought a snapshot of the google satellite map since the road goes over the river and through the woods to grandma's house. Very very nice R/O there.

I took off today to go there for real, but my kid's daycare just called with a broken water pipe, and his attendance would not be approved at the range by she who should be obeyed.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Do they allow muzzloaders at Hap? I need to sight-in Wed(yeah, I waited 'til the last minute).

I'm fairly certain they do.

I was there Thursday early afternoon and there were big plums of smoke down range.

I need to borrow a bench rest from someone and try to re-sight in my rifle and rule out operator error before getting new rings.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Name Taken said:
    Yes.

I was there Thursday early afternoon and there were big plums of smoke down range.

I need to borrow a bench rest from someone and try to re-sight in my rifle and rule out operator error before getting new rings.

I probably saw you there I was on the 1st lane wearing a mdshooters shirt, I was packing up when the muzzle loader was getting there

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I gawked at the .22 when I went to use the trash can...nice Savage you had there.

I was a few lanes down....didn't notice the MDS shirt. And I was not to happy with the results of my shooting or my savage so I wasnt overly paying attention to others that day.

I'll be heading back as soon as I get my 229 from Gary...hopefully it comes in before it gets cold out.

I'd like to figure out my Savage as it was all over...and from shootings others it shouldnt be.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Name Taken said:
    I gawked at the .22 when I went to use the trash can...nice Savage you had there.

I was a few lanes down....didn't notice the MDS shirt. And I was not to happy with the results of my shooting or my savage so I wasnt overly paying attention to others that day.

I'll be heading back as soon as I get my 229 from Gary...hopefully it comes in before it gets cold out.

I'd like to figure out my Savage as it was all over...and from shootings others it shouldnt be.

Thanks, it's a fun little gun. Maybe next time well cross paths I'll head up there again t sight my sbr in when I get it back from cerakoting

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Least Crowded

I was at Hap Baker two Fridays ago and was surprised at how crowded it was for a weekday. I was wondering if Wed or Thur is less crowded. Anyone have some insight? Thanks.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I was at Hap Baker two Fridays ago and was surprised at how crowded it was for a weekday. I was wondering if Wed or Thur is less crowded. Anyone have some insight? Thanks.

Hunting season brings larger than normal crowds. Fridays are no exception unfortunately. I'd advise getting there at 9:30 if you want to avoid a wait, or bring a pistol to kill some time on the pistol range while waiting for a rifle lane.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I was there last Friday afternoon. I heard someone on the pistol range get his rifle waiting list number called. He said that the wait wasn't too bad; he had only fired about 90 rounds.

If you ever see a White Mustang in the lot and someone in the pistol range with a S&W who's 6'3 and thin and wearing a green Monumental had with both Hap Baker and AGC badges, say hi to me (Tony).

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I was there Saturday with a friend of mine. ROs were very cool with us but not so much with the party next to us and one other on the far end who didn't point their rifles in the right direction when putting them away.
    At the pistol range some kid rapid fired and two of the R0s were on the case and in a nice friendly manner jokingly scolded the guilty party.

I would say that is what I expect in a range to ensure my safety, just too bad I have to drive an hour to get there but all things considered, it's worth it.

Last edited:

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Do they allow muzzloaders at Hap? I need to sight-in Wed(yeah, I waited 'til the last minute).

They most certainly do.

On one crowded weekend, I had the pleasure of being the only person that wasn't shooting a muzzleloader and quite challenging to shoot through the smoke. By the end of the day the smell of sulfur permeated into my clothes and hair requiring me to jump in the shower and immediately was my clothes. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom